A New World and A Mysterious Bangle

Summer. Everyone, especially children, looks forward to this time of year. 8 weeks with no school and only enjoyment. From relaxing on the beach to having fun at theme parks, everyone is eager for vacation. Some pupils at a local high school dashed out the door to prepare for their day off from school. However, one pupil left, clearly depressed.

She was a teenage girl of 16 years. She had shoulder-length blonde hair and sky-blue eyes. The girl is wearing a pink shirt decorated with black lace around the collar and sleeve ends and a keyhole neckline, black capri pants with pink stitching, sandals with black and silver straps and a pink rose at the front each, a silver heart pendant, a pearl pants chain, and a white and black belt with alternating pink and black flower buckle.

 The girl is wearing a pink shirt decorated with black lace around the collar and sleeve ends and a keyhole neckline, black capri pants with pink stitching, sandals with black and silver straps and a pink rose at the front each, a silver heart pen...

Her name is Bijou Adams. You might wonder why Bijou was depressed. Well, her extreme loneliness was one of the reasons. Her life had completely changed when she and her family moved from their urban city of Miami in Florida to this idyllic town of Gravesfield, Connecticut a few weeks ago. As for her peers, they all aspired to be doctors, lawyers, nurses, engineers, or pretty much any other profession that was seen as "contributing to society." Bijou, on the other hand, dreamed of becoming a fashion designer, a career that was viewed as "uncontributing" by both her peers and adults. Her father is another one of those individuals who disapproves of her dream and frequently advises her to go into engineering. In contrast, Bijou's mother and younger brother are more understanding and encouraging.

After walking a few blocks, Bijou finally made it to her house. She opens the door and went in. Her mother was cooking some dinner just as she came in while her brother is in the dining room, playing on his tablet. Her mother has blonde hair just like her daughter but her eyes are green instead of blue. She is wearing an apron over a coral blouse, khaki skirt, and ivory slippers. Her name is Susan.

Her younger brother also has blonde hair but is darker, shorter, and with two tufts sticking out of the front and blue eyes. He is wearing a red sweater over a white polo shirt, white socks, and black loafers. His name is Quinton.

 His name is Quinton

"Hey, Bijou." Quinton greeted.

"Welcome home, dear", said Susan. "How is school?"

Bijou said, "Hi, Mom. Hey, Quin. School is okay. I guess."