3.3 - some sorta existential crisis

Start from the beginning

You grinned at him, "G'evening, chef!"

"I'm not a chef."

"Okay."

Tsuyu curiously glanced between the two of you. "I don't mean to intrude, ribbit, but how do you two know each other? You two are on first name terms and, [nickname], out of everyone I've seen interact with Todoroki-chan, he seems to be most close to you, though before the Sports Festival – when you declared war – it was like a break-up between you two, ribbit."

A break-up? Haha, you guess it was sorta like a break up! Now that you look back at it, the two of you were being super dramatic about it. You put a hand on Shouto's back. "I met Shouto right before we came to UA," you said. "I think it was literally right after the entrance exam."

"Oh, Todoroki-san," Izuku began, his brows raised, "You were at the entrance exam? I was there with [nickname] and I don't think I saw you."

"No, I wasn't there. I attended the recommendations entrance exam a week prior," he said, still cutting vegetables. "I met [first name] when my sister brought me to hers for dinner."

The shorter boy's bright eyes widened. "Eh, you know her family?" Izuku was shocked. He didn't know you knew each other like that. Yes, you were on a first name basis, but he assumed that... He didn't know what he assumed, actually. How much about you did he not know?

"I've mentioned Natsuo to you before, haven't I?" you tilted your head at Izuku. He tilted his head at you, trying to recall any mention of a Natsuo. Natsuo, Natsuo, Natsuo... Was he that boy you had a crush on? He thinks you've talked about that before.

"It's more like she knows my family."

Tsuyu tilted her head, her dull black eyes boring into your soul. "Really? I would've assumed you two were dating, but you call him Otouto-san sometimes, and I don't think that's very couple-like."

Tsuyu was a girl who was naturally curious. She wanted to know more about your relationships with everyone (especially what was going on with you and explodey mckills); more about you. She was really curious as to why so many people seemed to like you. You're friendly and very pretty, yes, but some of her classmates treat you like a celebrity! Once she saw Momo kiss an envelope before shoving it through the slanting slit of your shoe locker. Well, it wasn't actually your locker. In her flustered state, Momo shoved the letter (totally not a love letter) in the wrong locker.

Tsuyu wants to get closer with you, just to see how you manage to pull so many people in. Yeah, totally for no other reason.

As she, who stood (slouched in her usual resting posture) just at your chest, looked up at you, she started to understand. Wow, are you tall, my goodness.

You cringed at her assumption. "Us? Dating? No, Shouto's literally my son." You put a hand on his head for extra effect. "Like, look at him. Anyways, I call him that because I'm close with his older siblings."

"I'm not your son," he bluntly expressed, putting his knife down. He put a hand on one of your biceps so you couldn't leave as the other took your hand off his head. He realized that he liked having a hand on you, especially his warm hand. "Though, after this, would you like to visit my home?" he innocently asked. "I'm sure Fuyumi and Natsuo would love to see you."

Shouto nodded at his own words; his hand slipped down your arm and his fingers gently lingered at your wrist. He thoughtfully wrapped his hand around your wrist. He liked his, holding your hand. He's never really held someone's hand before, but he liked holding yours. He wondered if he liked holding people's hands in general, or if it was a you thing. This school year, he has already experienced many new emotions, but most of them were with you. He felt especially calm with you at times.