born from just one single glance

happy thanksgiving! welcome to another chapter and a NEW PERSPECTIVE! also yes i swapped the names it was just bugging me that i was using their names idk anyway enjoy

august 10th (6 days prior)

Yelena has never been one to think that an agent fucking their mark is a wise idea.

She really thinks it's stupid, if she's being honest.

But as Kate freaking Bishop pushes her on her own counter and hastily grips at her waist, helping her out of her shirt and making out with her so hard that Yelena's head spins, Yelena's reconsidering her previous position.

Kate's good, so good. Even when she acts the way she's acting now - quick and dirty - her touches are still gentle and she murmurs are you okaysagainst Yelena's skin and waits for her approval before continuing.

They've had a silent agreement to not leave marks even though everyone thinks that they're dating already - it's been a whole summer of hanging out and paparazzi photos threatening to expose their scandalous relationship that Yelena's not sure even exists.

If Yelena's being honest, she'd call whatever she has with Kate Bishop a final ride. She's not scared of jail in the slightest, but even if she gets an abbreviated sentence, this fun that she's able to have is almost over and rightfully so. Alexandra isn't someone that's going to exist in the public's good graces much longer, even with her academy award nominations (how she managed two of those in such a short amount of time is kind of insane) and good press. Yelena almost feels bad, but she's been expecting this day for a long time.

"Are we going to do this on the counter?" Kate asks, voice breathy and blue eyes blazing with some crazy emotion that Yelena can't put her finger on.

Yelena's chest heaves as she tries to put something together, still thinking about the fact that one of Kate's thumbs is running right below her nipple in some kind of teasing motion (no, she was not wearing a bra). Her other hand is desperately close to Yelena's ass, but right out of the way of where Yelena wants it.

"Wrap your legs around me," Kate says softly, "I don't want to traumatize the dog."

A laugh bubbles past Yelena's lips but she follows along anyway, wrapping her legs tightly around Kate's waist and squealing when Kate squeezes her ass.

Kate walks them into Yelena's room and kicks the door closed before laying Yelena on the bed. She leans over Yelena, a smirk on her face that makes Yelena's face heat up, "Take off your pants."

-

may 5th (102 days prior)

Yelena notices when Kate walks in.

Well, of course she would, she's a spy and she's been following Kate for years. But she didn't expect to notice Kate walk in and then feel her stomach twist.

Yelena's never nervous. She's marble.

She composes herself quickly before deciding to start working her way over to Kate. Or, well, Beth. Elizabeth Duquesne. She wonders off-handedly where Kate got the name from.

please don't Instead she slowly continues on her path to the two, eyes on the champagne in Kate's hand and the way her ruby-red painted fingers curl around the glass.

"Peter," she grins as she gets over to him, hugging him tightly, "How are you? It's been so long!"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," Peter's bashful, ducking his head to avoid eye contact but still smiling, "I'm excited to work with you again, though. The amount of work you've put into this project is admirable."