is it chill that you're in my head?

i love this fic it's so fun i should get back into it

Kate doesn't like the new feelings that have been brewing in her chest. They're not supposed to be there.

There aren't supposed to be any feelings for Yelena. She's the enemy. She's not someone to befriend or think about more than what pertains to the mission. Yet here she is, sitting by her side on set as they wait to do on-set interviews.

Kate watches the crew move the set around for the next scene to try and distract herself, but it doesn't last long before Yelena nudges her.

"Word is, we're friends," she says, almost like an observation that's only for them. She then narrows her eyes at Kate, "How many accents can you do?"

"I don't know," Kate responds, squeezing her hands together before rubbing her palms against her jeans, "How many can you do?"

"Any of them," Yelena shrugs, squinting her eyes when the sun breaks through the clouds again, "I also heard a rumor somewhere that we're dating. Made me laugh."

"Christ," Kate mutters before realizing what she said, "Wait, why'd that make you laugh?"

"Because," Yelena grins, "they have no idea. No one does."

"That sounds so suspicious," Kate says, hoping that Yelena catches her drift that she's being too obvious. There are too many people around to be having conversations like this. "What time are you off tonight?"

"Same as you," Yelena responds, "Why? Want to do something?"

"Nah, just curious," Kate responds, not really wanting to mention that she's starting to enjoy spending time with Yelena. Not only does she not want to admit it to herself, but she also knows that she probably shouldn't inflate the blonde's ego too much.

Yelena hums quietly, "I was thinking of ordering pizza tonight. I can't finish one on my own, would you want to come by?"

"Hey, you guys are up," Peter jabs a thumb in the direction of the interviewer and their camera guy, "Oh, and apparently a lot of people are saying that you two are best friends... so if you're asked about that, that's where it's coming from."

Kate nods, "Thanks, Pete."

Yelena nudges her as they walk over, "Are you coming?"

"Um, sure," Kate shakes the nervous energy out of her sweaty hands, "I'll be there."

Yelena grins, obviously proud of herself, and they get to the interviewer.

"Alexandra, Beth, nice to meet you!" her voice when it falls on Beth is almost grating, and Kate can't tell if it's because her voice is annoying or if the idea of her being someone else is becoming just that unappealing.

"Nice to meet you," Kate shakes hands with her regardless, "I love your hair."

She does, really, it's long and dark like Kate's natural hair is, and pinned up in a perfect-looking ponytail.

"Lovely to meet you," Yelena grins and shakes hands with the woman as well before stepping back a little and taking the microphone when it's handed to her. The interviewer has her own microphone and Kate stands awkwardly off to the side as they finish setting up.

It's like a switch flips when the camera starts rolling, "Hi everyone, I'm Kelsey, here with ET and we have Beth Duquesne and Alexandra Vostokoff with us here for their new movie, Destined."

The woman continues, "We've actually interviewed a bunch of your costars already, including Peter, who's playing your character's love interest, Alexandra, and Adam Warlock and Eli Bradley, have all mentioned that you two seem to have a special bond on set not much unlike your characters. Would either of you like to speak on that?"