19• If promises were horses

Comincia dall'inizio

"Haifa your brother is missing" Mimi said. "Khadija!" Abbu shouted. "I told you I won't hide it from her again" Mimi said not bothered one bit about how she irked her husband. Because she'd made up her mind to tell her already, she saw no reason to delay it any further.

"Actually I know already" Haifa said in a low tone looking anywhere but her parent's face. "What?" Abbu asked unsure of what he heard.

"I know. I heard you telling Mimi the very first time, I'm sorry" Haifa said. She'd learned not to lie to her parents especially during situations like that particular one. "Don't be Haifa. It must have been hard to hide it considering we're all struggling about it" Mimi said in an attempt to comfort her.

"But why won't you involve the police, I'm sure if the news is spread worldwide then someone will know his whereabouts" Haifa reasoned, the question directed to her father.

"No Haifa. Daga ni har yayan ki are business men, news like this one is the perfect thing our enemies would want to use" Abbu replied. "We should keep our minds at ease. I believe he is alive and that he will surely return back to us" Abbu added and both nodded in agreement.

However Mimi felt about what happened, she believed her son was alive, she felt it. And she'd decided not to shrug off that feeling come what may.

"Why are you even here?" Mimi asked Haifa. "Oh, it's aunt Reshma. Her health deteriorated earlier and she has been transferred to the hospital, you got the call after you came here" Haifa explained. "Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un" Mimi chanted. "What's happening to us?" She asked no one in particular. "Don't be hard on yourself Mimi, she'll be fine"

"Go change while I do the same, let's go together" Abbu said and they nodded before walking out of the living room.

Each one of them headed to their rooms and changed into a better outing clothing. Haifa then went and ordered Hayma's nanny to get her change too. When they were all ready, two cars with different drivers drove them to the hospital, Zaeem's hospital.

They were directed to the room she was kept by Cassie and they wasted no time in going there. Mimi was the first to enter and she froze the moment she did, not giving space for someone else to walk into the room. That until Abbu saw him too.

"Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un. How are you here Raoul?" Mimi asked. "Good thing you still remember me Aunt Louis" Raoul smirked.

"Don't call her that!" Haifa voiced in a raised tone. "What the hell do you think you're doing near her again?" Haifa asked walking into the room. "Same reason as you, she's still my Madre" Raoul shrugged.

"She'll freak out the moment she wakes up, leave!" Mimi ordered. "Not a chance!" Raoul chuckled. He made up his mind not to leave until he saw his mother's expression once she's awake. He loved her frightened self.

"Haifa get security" Abbu ordered. "Will do" Haifa said glaring at him before turning to leave the room. "I wouldn't do that if I am you" Raoul said making Haifa to turn, also because she heard gasps from two of the others in the room. He was pointing a gun at Hayma.

"Are you in your right senses?" Haifa shouted. "Come here princess" Raoul gestured to Hayma without sparing the rest a look. "Don't do anything stupid Raoul I'm warning you" Mimi voiced.

"I never do anything stupid Aunt Louis, just gotta do what I want and scaring you is giving me unending joy" Raoul smirked. "Now come here!" He added, that time around with a dangerous and venomous tone that got chills running through each of their bodies.

Hayma got scared at the voice too, and the way he was looking at her was no joke either so she moved from her mother's side to his side and he held her hand. Haifa was scared but not in a million years would she show it. "Let her go Raoul"

"Uff baby girl, the way my name rolls off your lips makes me wanna ki..."

"Say it Raoul, I dare you!" Haifa stopped him before he could finish his sentence. "There we go again, your fierce nature" Raoul smirked. "Mimi" Hayma cried, she was very scared not to have.

"My rule is simple, obey and no one gets hurt. I haven't actually killed anyone in a while have I Raajih?" Raoul asked. "You killed Sufi yesterday Shadow" Raajih replied making Raoul's laugh to resonate in the room.

Before he could realise, he heard a pain strung underneath his facial skin as the gasps of five people followed it. Haifa slapped him! She slapped Shadow.

Raajih wasted no time to punch her in the face making her to fall on the ground. Then a kick followed and another making her parents to start screaming. "Why are you so fast Raajih, stop hurting my girl" Raoul smiled. Haifa was already bleeding from the punch she got on the face.

"Amore mio, how does it feel to slap me. I certainly feel good"

"Let's go Raajih, I've gained more than enough entertainment" He added before the two majestically walked out of the room leaving behind a startled father, a crying mother, a hurting daughter and a scared one.

Mimi was quick to rush to Haifa's side. "Why did you slap him Haifa, he is dangerous" Mimi asked and stated. "Don't worry Mimi, I'm okay and why should we show him that we're scared? That's what makes him do as he likes"

"Still I insist, don't ever do something impulsive again. Now we all cannot be sure of your safety, he's cruel" Mimi said. "Your mother is right, avoid him from now on, stay away from him please" Abbu added. "I will Abbu" Haifa said.

"Promise you'll stay away from him" Mimi said again, she wasn't assured by the way Haifa answered her father.

Instead of replying, Haifa turned to look at her mother. The fact that everyone kept making her promise because of him got her curious, what is that guy made of?

"What are you waiting for? Promise me you'll stay away from Raoul, promise me" Mimi repeated again after noticing the look on Haifa's face. She was curious but she had to promise for her parent's assurance, a promise she knew she would fulfill.

"I promise Mimi, I promise I'll stay away from him"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
Your updates as promised.
I wanted to update till the 20th chapter but I really can't do it today.

So, how was the chapter?
Do you like it?

This particular one is a bit short as I wanted to stop at that particular promise. But I'm sure I made a point.

Question of the day: Your favourite character in this book so far?
Lots of love,

Deedi--❤️