PROLOGUE

Hi!!! Thanks for checking out Married for Now. 

Just a few warnings before you continue reading.

Expect errors while reading. I edited this with the best of my abilities but I know that I still probably missed some grammatical errors, typos and other stuffs. 

And I apologize for some of the cringiness that you might encounter. 

Proceed with caution if you wanted to read this one.

Are you sure you wanted to read this?

Are you sure?

Last warning...

Okay, here you go.

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading!

By the way: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. (UNDER 16...PLEASEEEE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOOK. THANKS.)

Prologue

"You want me to what?!" Phoenix exclaimed in anger and confusion after hearing what his grandfather just said.

"I said you need to marry Jewel if you want to get your inheritance." Fredderick Wade said with a stern tone while sitting in his swivel chair with his businessman posture and clamped hands propping on the table.

Phoenix stood up from his sit and slammed his hands in the table out of rage.

"No! I will not marry her! Nor anyone! Especially not that woman!"

"Don't you raise your voice on me young man!" Fredderick's voice boomed inside the room.

Phoenix sighed and calmly sat back on his sit, feeling problematic. Despite his desire to win any sort any kind of argument, he knows that he could never win if the enemy was his grandfather.

His grandfather is known to be a cruel man when it comes to business, a tyrant, and he can always win every battle in the business world. Fredderick Wade is a hard man to deal with despite his old age.

And Phoenix respects him for that.

But that doesn't mean that he is going to let his grandfather do this to him. He will fight for his freedom and his precious bachelor life.

"You will, whether you like it or not." He said with finality.

Phoenix rubbed his palm across his face out of frustration. Changing his grandfather's mind is not going to be easy.

Making a deal with a big client is much easier than making a deal with his grandfather who seemed to have made up his mind.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Then simple, you will not receive your inheritance from me and I will give it all to Jewel."

"What?! No way! You can't do that!" He strongly opposed.

He is willing to give his inheritance to someone who is not their relative? That's outrageous!

It would've been fine if his inheritance was only a small amount of fortune, but his grandfather is passing him his whole empire since he was his only grandson. And that empire has been influential across the globe even before he was born.

He needed the influence to expand his own successful business, the Phoenix Corporation which he built with his own sweat and blood. He wanted his business to be established in every continent of the world and surpass his grandfather's achievements. And he definitely needs his grandfather's name in order to do that.

And to let a woman who he doesn't even like have it, is just a hard punch on his ego.

"Then marry her... That is all I want. You're not planning on getting married anytime soon anyway, so why not her?"

"It's because I am not planning on marrying anyone, Grandpa!"

"I told you to not shout at me young man!" His grandfather commanded in an authoritative tone once again.

"I'm sorry."

"You will marry Jewel whether you like it or not."

"But---"

"No buts! You will marry Jewel as soon as possible." Fredderick said before storming out of the office for an important meeting, leaving Phoenix standing in combined annoyance and irritation.

He clenched his fingers into his palm that he could feel his nails dig into his skin, venting his anger unto himself.

When he thinks about being tied up in an unwanted marriage, his insides are starting to boil up.

Just what did that Jewel do to force his grandfather into doing this to him?! Is that girl still obsessed with him? Heck! He is never going to marry her no matter what! He is going to convince his grandfather again with everything he has to give him his inheritance without resorting to any conditions.

And he will do everything to make his grandfather know that that Jewel is not the right woman for her.

He will make sure of that.