Chapter 9

Your POV

I woke up to one of the greatest sleep that I have ever had. I feel arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful person to have ever exist. I have Cate wrapped around my arms sleeping peacefully. I looked back to the conversation we had last night and thought about everything she's been through. From her husband cheating on her to her questioning everything that went wrong and to her trying to hide everything from everyone. I would do anything to protect her from the world. She deserves everything great and more. I kept on thinking about her that I didn't notice that she woke up and she's staring at me.

"Isn't it too early to be having that deep thoughts?" That broke me out of my trace.

"Good morning, my love." I greeted her then gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"My love? I love the sound of that. You love me?"

"Of course, I do." I spoke. She looked confused and scared. So, I continued, "I love you, Cate. But, I'm not going to force you to feel the same or to say it back. What's important is that you like me and you're giving us a chance. Let's take it one step at a time, okay?"

"Thank you for understanding, y/n. I really have feelings for you. I hope you could be patient with me." She said as she snuggled close to my neck. I gave her another kiss on the forehead. We cuddled a couple of minutes more until I told her that we need to get up. I looked at my phone and saw that there were lots of notifications on our team's group chat searching for Cate. I also saw a message from Hylda.

"You didn't tell anyone where you're going?"

"I didn't tell anyone except Hylda. I basically tell her everything." I told her Hylda sent me a message saying,

"Hey, y/n. Cate told me something. She said you guys are going to talk tonight. I hope everything goes well."

"Hey, y/n. Are you with Cate already? Andrew said she didn't come back to her suite."

"Y/n, where are you guys?"

Those are just some of them many messages that I got from Hylda. She was worried sick. I gave her a call quickly.

"WTH, Y/N? WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN ANSWERING?!" Oh, she's mad. Even Cate can hear her from the other side of bed.

"I'm sorry, Hylda. We weren't able to check our phones because we talked. Don't worry, she's safe. We're okay." I told Hylda while looking at Cate with a smile on my face. She just informed me about our flight tomorrow. She also told me that I need to finish processing all the photos today so we can update Cate's social media. We fixed ourselves up and I walked her back into her suite. As we open the door, we were greeted by Andrew who is all dressed up.

"Hey Cate. You're just coming back?" He told Cate, looking at the both of us. They are civil with each other, but ever since Cate told me about what he did, I tried my real best to not glare at him. When he left, Cate turned to me and held my hands.

"Honey, are you okay?"

"I am. It's just that, lookin at him reminded me of the things he did. You didn't deserve any of that."

"Y/n, honey, it's okay. It was two years ago. What's important is that I have you now. You're more than what I deserve." Her words somehow gave me enough comfort. She stepped closer and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. We let go of each other and decide to call room service and have breakfast. We will be staying in her suite the whole day and join me while I work. What I didn't know was her joining me would be her distracting me from work. I would quietly sit and work while she would put her hands around my body and would give me random kisses. She got bored and decided to help me choose photos that I can submit as suggestions for her social media. We didn't notice that it was already time for lunch until Cate spoke,