Chapter 7

Your POV

"Y/n, why did you walk away like that?"

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Did I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"Do you hate me now?"

"Please talk to me?"

Those were just few of Cate's messages.

"Let's focus on tomorrow's event, then let's talk. I'm sorry for walking away like that. I just got overwhelmed by my emotions. I could never ever hate you. I promise, we'll talk after the event."

That's the only reply that I gave. Her only reply was,

"I would love that. Thank you. I have something to tell you as well. Good night, y/n."

Today is the day. The Academy Awards or the Oscars.

I woke up at 5AM despite lacking sleep. After Cate replied, I put away my phone and tried to get some sleep, but it was so difficult. I could not stop thinking about Cate and what happened earlier. I wonder what she's going to tell me. Is she going to tell me stop being friends? Do I have to look for a new job after this? I tried to set those thoughts for a while and get some clarity later after the event. I got up and prepared. We were told that we need to get up early because Cate has prior engagements in the morning as part of her social media team and her content creator, I have to be with her the whole day. I know it's going to be tough, but we both have to work with it.

I went down to the lobby to wait for the van that would be taking us to Cate's schedule today. As usual, I'm the first one to arrive at the lobby. There's still a lot of time so I went out to buy coffee. I usually avoid alcohol and caffeine when I'm anxious, but I since I did not get enough sleep and I will be doing a lot of walking here and there, I figured coffee would be my best friend today. The line at the nearest café was quite long so it took me quite a while before I got my order. When I came back to the hotel, I noticed that more people have gathered outside and a lot of them were Cate's fans. I went back to the lobby and everyone, including Cate, were already there. I greeted everyone and even gave Cate a small smile.

The van arrived and the team started to get in. I was the last one who got in so I was seated next to the door and next to Cate. Andrew is not with us, but I don't really care where he is right now and I'm glad that he isn't here because I think I'll just get nervous and make everything weird again. I don't want Cate to be distracted and think too much. I want her to work comfortably. So I just sat there quietly until I felt her hand hold and gently squeeze into mine. I looked at her and gave her another small and soft smile while I let her hold my hand. She seems nervous and anxious so I gave her hand a little squeeze, too. I can feel her get much more calm and comfortable now. Then, Hylda spoke,

"Y/n, after Cate's schedule after lunch, I want you to go to the ceremony's venue later and take some behind the scenes photos. Then, I want you to go back to Cate's suite later to take photos of her final look and go with her and Andrew to the venue to take photos during the red carpet. If Cate would also like to take photos with the people there, you'll be in charge of those as well."

"Wow. Someone's schedule is packed. Hope you don't skip any meals." Cate said, looking at me.

"Speak for yourself. I'll be following you behind most of the time, so I'm pretty sure your schedule is as packed as mine." I replied.

"Don't worry, I'm an actress, I don't eat." She joked and everyone laughed. I almost forgot that there are other people in the van. I always forget about my surroundings when I'm with her.