"Mr. Romano, I was told you wanted to meet with me." Berardo turned toward the voice with a frown. A young man stood in the door frame with two other men. Berardo was told they were a local mafia who had just relocated to New York from Egypt and were looking for allies. This was perfect for Ardo as he smiled, nodding to the seats across from his desk.

Still, this wasn't the help he was looking for. He needed someone who knew their family and hated Giuseppe just as much as he did. The young man before him was only someone who could help out along the way, and once Ardo was done with him. He would do what he did with the rest: double-cross him or kill him. There was no need for allies once he got what he wanted.

"Si, si. I know you're young and need all the help you can get since you are new to New York. I'm here to help get you on your feet." Berardo smirked as one of the boy's men leaned over, whispering something in the young man's ear. He ensured Berardo couldn't hear as the man before him frowned and nodded.

"On second thought, Mr. Romano, this isn't what I was looking for—"

"Do you know who I am, Jabari?!' Berardo yelled as the young man stood, smoothing out his clothes and tilting his head to the side. His boys nicely place their hands on their guns, causing Ardo to stand quickly, reaching for his. "That's the point, Berardo. I don't want to know you; there's something off about this, and when he feels something, I listen. I want nothing to do with you or with whatever you are doing. Now, if you would excuse me, I have other matters to attend to. I hope you find wherever you are seeking, but I don't need your negativity. I'm all about positive vibes, and you're not one of them."

Berardo wanted to kill the little bastard but knew he would be dead before he could pull the trigger. Jabari and his men were young but looked like shooters, and Berardo didn't want to test the theory. So, he waited for the men to leave and started trashing his office. He couldn't take another loss. If things kept going the way it was, Berardo might as well kill himself. There was no way he would let Giuseppe and Regenia win.

"Giuseppe, what the hell is wrong with you?" Regenia asked as Giuseppe pushed past her

"Giuseppe, what the hell is wrong with you?" Regenia asked as Giuseppe pushed past her. For the past twelve hours, he had been giving her the silent treatment, and she was trying to figure out the problem. She knew it had something to do with Santino, which was crazy because she was doing what he asked of her. That ended with him forcing her to leave the restaurant to sit in the car like a child. Then, from there, he ignored her for a full twelve hours. Sadly they were now in New York, and her husband was still not speaking to her, and she was pissed.

"GIUSEPPE FUCKING TALK TO ME!" She yelled, grabbing his arm only for Giuseppe to turn to her, shoving her into the wall. This wasn't like him, and Genia was having a difficult time reading his expression. "YOU ARE FUCKING MINE! I THOUGHT I MADE THAT CLEAR, SO TELL ME! WHAT RIGHT DO YOU THINK YOU HAD LUSTING OVER ANOTHER MAN OTHER THAN ME?!"

"What the fuck are you talking about? I know I'm yours. I married you because I wanted you! You asked me to come with you to use my detective skills on Santino, then you went all fucking psycho, telling me to leave. Like I did something fucking wrong. I was studying the man, nothing more—"