The Gallo Mafia

Regenia thought of the many things that could go wrong with scheduling a meeting with the Don of the Gallo Mafia

Regenia thought of the many things that could go wrong with scheduling a meeting with the Don of the Gallo Mafia. However, it was wise to try to stop whatever they were planning, but it was also a bad move. She had often seen things like this happen during her rookie years as a cop. Informants often told them they wanted to meet to give information on a case, which ended with a setup. Therefore, she didn't know if she could trust this man her husband wanted to meet with, but Genia knew there was no stopping, Giuseppe. She could only wish no harm would come to them.

"Uccellino, you don't have to come if you feel uncomfortable. I would love it if you could—"

"It's not that I don't want to go, Giuse... I have seen this happen so many times before. People love stabbing others in the back. It's how I lost my dad. He trusted his partner and met with the enemy. Look at how that turned out; he was shot in the back and then died a month later due to an unrelated cause." Regenia sighed as Giuseppe stepped closer, taking her face into his hands. Slowly, a calming smile crept upon his face.

"Uccellino, Berardo killed your Father, and his partner was the one who shot him in the back. He never went to meet with anyone. They were on a call— Well, he thought they were responding to a call. It was an order for Ardo. He wanted you at your weakest so you could help frame me." He spoke, causing Regenia to take a step back. She wondered how he knew this and how long. Most of all, why was he just telling her about this?

"Don't look at me like that, Regenia. I should have told you the truth a while back, but you weren't ready...."

"How the fuck can you tell me what I am or not ready for? He was my fucking Dad Giuseppe! Not yours! If you knew Berardo was behind this, you should have told me! Me! That's what you should have fucking done! I don't care how or what you thought; this is my damn life, and I don't need you to fucking think for me!" She yelled as Giuseppe stood there nodding at her. He was calm, while Regenia wanted to knock the shit out of him as he nicely pulled her into his arms, kissing her forehead.

"I know you don't need me to think for you, Uccellino, but I had just gotten you back at the same time all of that fell in my lap. You were emotionally unstable with all the bullshit Ardo put you through. I couldn't throw that at you, too. Please understand I try my best to look out for what's best for you and your health—"

"It's been months since then, Baby. What stopped you from telling me before now?" Regenia wanted to stay mad at Giuseppe, but he was making it hard. She knew he was only looking out for her as Genia would have done for him, but she deserved to know the truth, although she already knew it. "I don't know, Uccellino, maybe I thought it was best for you not to. Or deep down, I thought you knew—either way, we can't bring him back, but we can make Berardo pay."

That much Regenia knew. Berardo had to go, but it didn't change the fact they were about to walk into danger, and he hid what he knew from her. However, what Berardo did wasn't the issue now. He was in a different country while they were about to meet with someone who wanted her husband's family dead.