Chapter 38

I remove the pillows from near the bed head to lean my phone there as I talk to Shantel and Monique virtually.

Affi check in pon mi gyal dhem daily...

I am leing flat on my stomach with my feet kicking in the air as I watch Monique getting ready for work and Shantel moving around to get her self together to go to the clinic.

Monique work at her mom's salon as the receptionist for the meanwhile...

"Mi sorry mi neva deh near fi cum wid yuh shantel" I says, grabbing a pillow and place it under my upper body to be more comfortable.

"Mi tuh" Monique frown as she lean Into the camera.

"Mi would a want unu cum enu cho suh wi cud a chat eh other baby mada dhem" Shantel pout and we both laugh.

"Yuh try nuh go fass wid nuh body enu becaz wi nuh di deh fi help yuh war" Monique give out.

"She betta not" I laugh. "Everything gud with yuh though?" I asks after our laughing die down.

Mi glad fi see she finally laugh...

"Yes juss wah move from yasso thou, mi seh nobodi ya nuh have no leniency pon mi and dhem see mi a breed and mi baby father dead and every minute dhem a pressure mi fi money no sa" Shantel complains as she place her outfit out on her bed.

"Eh, like really?" Monique asks.

"But yuh fi seh something, yuh cah mek dhem a drain yuh thru dhem know seh yuh have a lil money... yuh have yuh baby fi take care of and yuh self" I says to her.

She have access to all a ziggy accounts dhem but if she no careful, d money nuh wei juss blow up suh...

"Nuh conscience dhem nuh have dhat's why mi nuh love fambily yaad enu... mi nuh have a problem fi help out mi  bredda and sista dhem enu but every minute suh. No sa like a tax mi a pay fi deh yasso" she hiss loudly.

"Nuh botha mek dhem stress yuh out and ntn guh do d baby enu" Monique told her.

"Yes tru, and mi wouldn't want dhat becaz di baby ago be di closet thing to yuh fi Ziggy suh yuh cah mek stress mek yuh loose it before suh yuh move from desso" I says.

Tears fall from her eyes which she quickly wipe away while sniffing. I know it's not easy to have a little human being growing inside  of you which constantly reminds you about the death of the love of your life but I know once she meet her baby, it will be easier for her.

"Nuh botha cry Shantel, yaggo mek mi start" Monique says brokenly.

"Mi miss him and mi juss cah do dhis alone" Shantel sniff while dropping herself on the bed.

"We deh ya fi yuh suh you're not alone, yuh know you're welcome here anytime" I say to her.

"Mi know but you have a big baby on your hand already" she laugh and sniff simultaneously.

"Mek him hear yuh a call him suh" Monique laugh out dramatically. "Him gud though?" She asks.

"Yes him good but bwoy him give more problem than a likkle pickney" I grumble.

God one know what me ago through with Ackeem, him Insulting and find problem with everything me do. If me talk to the security them, it's a problem and if I'm on my phone it's a problem.

I rarely pays him mind because I know he's going through depression of not being able to walk plus the dead of his friends and the betrayal of Kuga.

"Dhat nuh seh, yuh still can come here when you want" I told Shantel.