She should've told him to stop, but she simply couldn't. Every so often, he'd lean forward and pull her hood further down her face anytime the wind would knock it backwards.

She tried to do it herself once but Negan was quick to step forward and settle her free hand in her pocket so he could do it for her. Like he said before, or rather thought, he wants to protect Eleanor. He doesn't need to, he isn't forced to, he just wants to.

The howling of wind was soon took over by the howling of a dog. Dog. Eleanor's head was quick to look up at the sound, her eyes narrowed to try and see through the thick snow that wouldn't stop falling.

Dog barked again.

Judith.

"Jude!" She yelled from the back of the line. "Stay where you are!"

"It's Dog!" A little voice yelled back. "He needs help!"

"Judith-"

The young girl didn't listen to Eleanor's words and instantly went running through the fog, her silhouette disappearing in seconds. Shit. Martyr time is exactly what people thought because in seconds, Eleanor pulled her hand out of Negan's and went sprinting after her.

"Judith," She yelled. "Stop, come back!"

In the distance she could hear Maya screaming for her, her voice echoing through the smog and chasing after her sprinting body. Elle had to ignore it. Her legs were taking her faster through the snow and she couldn't stop, she needed to keep going.

Not again.

She knew she made it far through the snow because the voices of people drowned out and she was alone, calling out for Judith's name whenever she reached a turning.

"Judith!" Bark.

She sprinted towards the dog's howl until a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and brought her to a stop. "No, no, I need to find her."

"Sunshine-"

"Negan?" She turned around in his arms to look up at his features. He had no hat and the collar barely reached his jaw, but somehow he still looked warm. Maybe he just had that effect. "I need to find her."

"Alright, doll. I know, I know." He puffed his cheeks out, rubbing his hands together and exhaled through his nose. "I'm coming with you."

"W-what?"

"You really think I'm letting you do this alone?" He chuckled, "Crazy damn girl you are."

She smiled at him but nonetheless shook her head and grabbed his wrist and without another word, they both started to run towards the sound of Dog barking.

Negan was the shouter, his booming voice the only thing you could hear over the howling wind while she sprinted ahead to hear the howls of Dog. Even if you couldn't see each other through the snow, they made sure to stay close.

"Judith!" Bark. Elle went wide-eyed at the sound, it sounded so close. That was good.

"Negan!" She yelled. "I'm gonna- she's gonna be right there!"

There was no respond. "Negan?!"

A croaky sound echoed through the air and a broken, "I'll be right here, doll." filled her ears.

That does not sound okay.

But she didn't have time to waste at the moment. She staggered through the thick snow and the forcing wind and finally, amazingly, sweetly, she saw Judith and Dog huddled together. "Jude," She called softly, dropping to her knees to wrap her arms around the young girl. "It's so cold, come here."

With no argument, Judith staggered over to her open arms and once latched on, Elle grabbed the makeshift lead for Dog and stood up with Judith curled into her arms. Elle hated this. Hated that she could feel Judith try and battle the coldness with her non-stop shivering and chatter of teeth.

It scared her.

"Come on, sweet girl." She whispered under her breath. "I'm- we'll find Negan... and he'll help, alright? He can help."

Eleanor sniffled and pushed through the snow and the cold temperatures — but it was getting harder too. Judith's tiny hands were letting go on Eleanor's jacket and fuck, "No, no, hold on. Please hold on, Jude."

"Ellie-"

"Hold on."

Elle held on tighter and pushed through the shit stain of a snow storm but she couldn't keep doing this. Her nose was running, tears prickled her eyes, she felt bare and frozen.

"Doll?" Negan echoed.

Thank fuck. "Negan, I can't- I can't-"

A pair of arms wrapped around Judith and Eleanor and that was when the tears started to fall. Now was not the time to cry, she could already feel them crisp against her cheeks but she couldn't help it. The warmth of Negan's cheek was pressed against hers and he whispered that it's okay. It'll be okay.

We'll be alright.

Loads of bollocks.

She was now in a state where her mind wasn't working but her feet were following Negan as he took ahold of Dog's leash. He whispered reassuring words to keep Judith awake and to keep Elle sane, but everything was going in through one ear and out the other.

Except for one thing.

"If it takes going through a fucking blizzard to make sure you're okay? Then fuck me, I'd do it over and over a-fucking-gain."

It wasn't soft and romantic and it wasn't poetic either, but it was Negan. And he meant it.

And even despite the frosty weather that was making her brain not work, a slight warmth rose across her cheeks. And this time? She wasn't even embarrassed about it.

Fucking blizzards.