01

Zolana Maria Rose Johnson (17)March 21st, 2023

March 21st, 2023

Its been about a year since we moved to Chicago, started school and everything. Life been good, I also found my brother and our bond is still amazing!

Y'all prolly confused, so lemme tell yall what happened.

"On my momma imma get you out of there soon, i promise bestie" india said on the other side of the phone.

I had called her after everything happened. I cried to her and everything, she cried with me.

"Ok india i have to go"

The next week

I had just hung up from India she told me to get ready and she would be here in ten minutes. My sperm giver had left not to long ago and wouldn't be back til later so i had time to go have fun and still be back before he gets back.

I heard a knock on the door and immediately knew it was Dia so i opened it.

"Hey Diaaa" i gave her a hug.

"Go pack all your stuff hurry, we have a flight to catch." i looked at her in confusion. "hurry zo" she pushed me up the stairs and helped me pack my bags and suitcases.

i also ran in my sperm donors room and took 12,000 dollars. and we were gone, i don't know where we were going but we left and went to the airport.

"soooo where are we going Diaa" i asked as we were checking our bags in.

"Soooo... the day i dropped you off, when i got home my foster parents told me that my grandmother is able to get me back in her custody, until im 18." India smiled at the thought of being able to go back with her grandmother now that she was better.

Indias grandmother had gained custody after her mother died in a car accident when India was 8, but when India was 14, her grandmother had been diagnosed with stage one breast cancer.

two years later and she has finally gained back custody!

"Sooo yea, they said i didn't have to if i didn't want to but, why wouldn't i!" she smiled at the thought " And i also told G-ma About your situation and she was super supportive and said you could come to!" She finished

"wow india, thank you so much" i said as i started to cry, she just laughed!

Chicago is my home town but i moved to Houston when my mother passed.

My sperm donor didn't want my mom side of the family near me so we moved. The same day i was told we were moving was the same day my brother went missing. well i knew where he was but no one else did. He wanted to take me with him but he couldn't.
Flashback over

"Zo slow downnnn" Diaa yelled as i raced Durk and Booka to school.

ion know how she ain't used to it by now we do it all the time.. so i just laughed at her and turned the music up.

Soon we pulled into the school parking lot and parked.

"Nigga yo ass drive like you in da fast & furious" Booka yelled at me.

"You mad cuz i beat yall AGAIN!!" We all laughed.

"this was da last day dat yall put my life in danger and i mean it" India say pointing at me and durk

We waved her off and walked in the school laughing.

"ain shii funny" she yelled catching up to us.

we went to our first period which was Ms.Johnson, I loved her.

She reminds me of my mother in so many ways, she comforts me when needed and everything.

"Well class, before we get started i'd like everyone to welcome Dayvon Bennett back" she smiled

everyone dapped him up and gave him hugs, I just watched. He looked so familiar, i just couldn't put my finger on it.

i looked over at me as i wad staring and we made eye contact, i smiled but he mugged me so i looked away.

Ms. Johnson started the lesson and i fell asleep.

~

"WAKE YO ASS UP" Durk, and Booka yelled.
I jumped up so fast i had to sit back down "damn i forgot she don't have bo iron" Booka said making Durk, India and i looked behind them seeing Dayvon laughing to.

I mugged all of them and got up slowly grabbing my stuff. "Nigga where everyone else at" i said rubbing my eyes

"she slow" Dayvon asked pointing at me.

Durk put his hand out and did a little measurement.

"Class is over dumbass, and we late" India said laughing

"yall know what dat mean" Durk said, we all started smiling.

"wait why he here, no offense" i said looking at Dayvon

"Ohhh, Zolana dis is Von, Von dis is Zolana remember Herb sister , but we call her zo or zozo" Durk said "He my twin"

What he does he mean "Remember"....

"okk.." i said and we walked to our cars.

"nigga how you gon invite me, and got a two seater" Von said making all of bust out laughing

"get in da car wit Zo nd Indi" booka said while laughing

"whatever" he rolled his eyes "India getcho ass in da back" she mugged him and got in da back.

we sped off from the school house racing each other down the road as we were on our way to Durk house.

"i like da way you drive lil folks nem" von said while rolling a blunt. India looked at him like he was the craziest person ever.

"thank you" i smiled

~

We got to the house in no time, we were sitting on the couch passing around the fourth blunt.

it was Me, Von, Durk, Booka, Dia, Herb, Ari and some girl Von invited. She wasn't smoking though she just whined the whole time.

"Vonnnnn can we gooooo" she whined pulling on his arm

"Bitch yo ant shaped ass is to old to be acting like dat" Booka said makin all of us laugh except her.

"Bitch what you laughing at" she pointed at me

"Bitch?" i asked turning my head sideways. "yea go on somewhere"

"ayy don't disrespect my sister hoe, Everyone laughed and you only said sum to her"Herb said standing up.

"Sit down, its ok" Ari said trying to calm him down.

"Its aii herb, im not worried about her" i laughed again.

Not finna let no weird shaped bitch get me out of character. and she look old asf.

"Lookin 40 actin like a lil bitch" I laughed as everyone else joined in.

She took a deep breath. And left.

Thoughts?

if you have tips i would appreciate it🙃
thanks for reading

DeyJah out✌️😘