She hoped it wasn't at her.

Then again she had no idea who else he could possibly be mad at.

He only ever seemed irritated by her.

With a determined stride, Ophelia made her way toward the east window, her eyes narrowing as she surveyed the scene below.

A set of small, weathered metal stairs, led down to a dimly lit alley.

The perfect escape route for Dimitri if he needed it.

Her attention was quickly drawn to the figure perched atop the stairs.

A massive, lean silhouette crouched on the top step, adorned in military gear that seemed to meld seamlessly with the shadows.

A sniper hood concealed his face as he crouched low.

The air became charged with an unspoken tension as Ophelia locked eyes with him.

His blue gaze was burning with fury and her mouth dropped open in slight shock at his presence.

How did he get there so fast?

She stared at him as she used her knife to slide the lock of the widow, opening it with a click.

She leaned out the window, placing her hands on the pane as she looked down at him.

Glitter fell from her hair and down towards him, blood coating her hands.

"Bonjour, bel homme," Hello, handsome man. She said with a smile on her lips as she looked down at him, a faint tease on her words.

His gaze turned toward where she half hung out the window, her hips pressed against the window pane as she smiled at him sweetly.

She hoped her gaze said 'Please don't kill me'.

But the thought left her mind when she saw his usual ocean-blue eyes turn a navy colour as they narrowed on her.

She rose a brow as he stared at her in the red lingerie.

His eyes traced her figure as she gazed at him from the window.

His eyes came back up to hers and she gave him a small wave and a sweet smile.

Her stomach dropped as she saw his mask move, his eyes crinkling at the sides.

As if he smiled back at her.

"Keep bending over like that, gorgeous," the deep Russian voice said from behind her.

Her smile immediately fell.

König's posture went rigid and he nodded his head to her, telling her to move out of the way.

Ophelia's eyes rolled in response as she stepped away from the window her hands up as she backed away, her heels clipping softly.

She heard him jump, boots leaving the metal as two massive, gloved hands gripped the window ledge.

With the fluid grace of a cat, König pulled himself up and slid through the window.

Her eyes tracked his body shamelessly.

She was mad at him, but he was very hot.

Lean, tall, covered in weapons.

Totally her type.

König landed silently, his presence casting a long and imposing shadow across the tiled floor.

He turned to look down at her and she wiped the attraction from her face and pursed her lips as she crossed her arms, the knife in her hand poking against her hip.