"Acknowledged. Maintain visual. Out." König's response crackled through the radio, his voice a steady presence in Ophelia's earpiece.

He sounded different on the field.

More confident, and secure in what he was doing.

Oni, crouched beside her, received a nod from Ophelia, signalling that they were in the designated holding position.

Ophelia continued to observe through her goggles, watching with ease as the men at the door, rifles in hand smoked and talked loudly in Russian.

"Two clicks northeast, thermal scan in progress. Checking for hidden entrances or structural anomalies," Oni updated, his focus unwavering as he relayed the information to their mission leader.

As Oni conducted the thermal scan, Ophelia maintained a vigilant watch, her eyes scanning for any signs of movement or unexpected threats.

The winter night seemed to amplify the urgency of their mission, and Ophelia's military training kicked in, her senses finely tuned to the challenges of the environment.

"Clear," Oni reported, his communication crisp and efficient.

Oni nodded ahead of them, gesturing for them to move forward slowly with a swing of two fingers.

Ophelia nodded as she followed Oni with precision.

Their bodies were covered in snow as they dragged themselves through it.

They quickly moved into a crouch as they approached the warehouse's entrance.

Ophelia spun as she saw a flicker of black from the corner of her eye.

Two men were coming around the corner of the warehouse and towards them.

"Shit! Oni drop," she whispered furiously as the men came around the corner, guns in hand.

The duo dropped to the ground, chests heaving with the exertion of maintaining stealth.

She felt the ice soak into her and freeze her skin but she brushed it aside as she watched the men turn away from them and begin to smoke.

Relief flooded her as she watched them talk casually.

She was too far away to hear what they were saying but it was obvious they hadn't been seen.

Oni swiftly keyed his radio.

"Visual on sentries around the warehouse. Two-man patrols, alternating routes. Over," he reported, his tone hushed yet brimming with urgency.

"Multiple guards on patrol. Stay low, eyes sharp. Report in." König said and she could hear his breath coming quickly as if he too, was pulling himself across the ground.

One by one, her teammates responded over the comms.

"Roze and Zero here, visual on two guards at the west entrance."

"O'Conor reporting, three guards moving along the south side."

"Askel checking in, two guards near the side door, looks like a dock."

The synchronized updates provided a comprehensive view of the guard distribution, with each member of the team contributing to the collective view of the warehouse.

Ophelia kept an eye on the guards near their position.

The team, spread around the warehouse like shadows in the night, maintained their positions, eyes on the guards, and ears tuned to the radio frequencies.

Just when she thought it was going perfectly, the tranquillity shattered around her when a large dog emerged from the door in front of them, its barks echoing through the frozen night.