His eyes met hers with warmth as he smiled widely at her entrance.

"Forgot what it's like not being the only one awake," he said warmly as he got another white cup from the cupboard in front of him and poured the pure black coffee into it.

He offered it to her, and she accepted it swiftly.

"Shukran," Thank you. She said quietly as she downed half of it in a single, determined gulp.

The sound of approaching heavy boots, fidgeting hands and quietness signalled König's entrance into the mess hall, clad in olive cargo pants and a grey baggy shirt.

His sniper hood framed his focused and unreadable expression but she could feel his eyes on her.

He seemed to stop in the doorway, eyes on her as he stood still.

Had he come straight there from their room?

She didn't look at him just tipped the coffee back and didn't breathe as she drank it.

"Wow, Kid, the coffee's not that good, it's instant shit, not gahwa," Zero remarked as he watched her slam the cup back down on the bench.

Ophelia said nothing as she slumped forward on the bench, her eyes tired and her head pounding.

"Rough night?" Zero asked as he refilled her cup.

She tried not to throw her arms around him in a hug.

Coffee was a big deal to them both.

It held cultural significance and meaning.

The fact he poured it for her, a woman, with a smile showed his care for her more than words could.

"Didn't sleep," she replied, her eyes reflecting the exhaustion she tried to mask.

In the doorway, she heard König go stiff.

His distinct heavy footsteps froze. His attention was seemingly elsewhere as his body went rigid.

Ignoring it, Ophelia turned to Zero, her gaze meeting his.

"Need an extra bunkmate?" she asked, hopeful but met with a scoff as Zero continued with his breakfast preparations.

"Absolutely not," he laughed, dismissing the idea, but Ophelia persisted.

"Mn fadlik, ma nqdarsh nnam fiha." Please, I can't sleep in there. She implored, meeting Zero's eyes with sincerity.

His gaze pierced through her, a silent understanding passing between them.

He saw something in her gaze that made his small smile fall.

"Fmash laha ʿalāqa bāl-jarḥ el-kabīr illi ʿāla ḍuhrk w bimā smaʿt ʿala ḥisāb firīqk?" Does this have anything to do with the massive scar on your back and what I heard about your team? Zero's voice softened, and Ophelia felt the vulnerability within her surface.

She hadn't seen Zero since before she had the scar.

Ophelia nodded, allowing him a glimpse into the pain she carried.

The air was thick with tension as she looked up at him, her eyes revealing the weight of pain and need.

"Ma nqdarsh nkūn fi smet." I can't be in silence. She admitted, her voice carrying the echoes of haunting memories.

The room seemed to shrink as those words hung in the air, each syllable a testament to the battles fought within her soul.

His gaze, a mixture of concern and understanding, traced over her like a gentle breeze.