Sleigh Ride

it was just supposed to be a nice sleigh ride, North promising to take it easy, Jacks Pookan stomach was more sensitive than his human form. wild rides generally left both Pooka sick for the rest of the day, and sometime the day after.

North had promised to take it easy, for both Bunny and Jacks sakes.

North lied.

"North! knock it off! you're gonna make us sick!" Jack growls from his seat behind North. Jacks sitting right next to Bunny. his ill looking mate already looks ready to puke and has redug his usual gouges in the red sleigh paneling. Jack looks bad, but not as bad as Bunny. the slightly bigger Pooka is clutching his mates paw desperately, trying to keep control of his stomach. Jack can at least talk, Bunny can't find it in him to form words between the loops and rolls North is doing with the sleigh.

"bah! is all in good fun!" North grins, turning back to look at them briefly.

"its not fun, North! Bunny is fucking green!" Jack growls. "you promised to take it easy!" Jack hisses.

"North, maybe you should slow down a little...." Tooth says, hesitantly. she looks at Jack and Bunny, neither of them look good.

"he will be fine!" North snorts. he grins doing a little loop, but its quickly wiped off his face when an awful retching sound comes from behind him and his back is suddenly soaked.

"oh gross! North! you idiot!" Tooth shouts, scrambling away. Sandy isn't far behind her. both putting as much space between them and the two Pooka as possible. North lands the sleigh quickly.

"nice job jackass!" Jack growls. he sounds absolutely furious.

North turns around to see everything in front of Bunny, including his back, is absolutely covered in puke.

Jack is knelt beside Bunny, both absolutely covered in puke as well, gently wiping at his ill mates face.

"North! you idiot! I fucking told you to take it easy! look what you did! look at him! you made him sick!" Jack growls, turning his head to glare at the Guardian of Wonder.

"I am sorry, it was all in good fun-" North tries.

"fun? FUN?! does it really look like either of us are having fun!? for fuck sakes North you promised to take it easy! you promised no tricks and then you made him puke!" Jack growls. North looks over at Bunny, the poor Pooka looks absolutely miserable, leaned against Jack. "does that look fun to you?" Jack snaps.

"I did not mean to-" North tries again.

"save it for someone who fucking cares!" Jack snaps. he turns back to the slightly bigger Pooka. "c'mon Bunny." Jack murmurs gently.

he carefully helps Bunny stand on shaky legs. Jack is thankful they're almost the same size, moving Bunny is easier like this. the other only has an inch on him like this, so it'll be easier to help maneuver him.

"what are you doing Jack?" Tooth asks, confused.

"what does it look like?" Jack snaps. "getting Bunny off this stupid sleigh and back to the Warren to get cleaned up." Jack huffs.

"we can take Bunny back to Pole, get him clean there." North says.

"with you driving? I think not." Jack huffs, letting Bunny lean his full weight against him.

"I will be careful-" North starts.

"yeah, I've heard that bullshit before." Jack scoffs. he helps Bunny off the sleigh carefully and back onto solid ground. Sandy hops off the slay quickly to help, but Jack waves him off.