Chapter 9: The odd man out

Začať od začiatku

He was quickly shaken from his thoughts as he heard a knock at the door, he quickly finished brushing his teeth and threw on one of his Rammstine T-shirts and answered the door.

Victory and Musashi's first impression of Lutzow was that he seemed to be a mess, his hair was tangled and unkempt he was wearing a band shirt with black pajama pants, and as they entered his room Victory was thankful it was Didio who had to clean the Iron Blood dorms and not Belfast, because if his wife saw the mess that was Lutzow's room she would probably die on the spot.  "So, what bring you two gentlemen here?" Lutzow asked nervously as the three of them took a seat.

"You are KMS Lutzow, yes?" Musashi asked, Lutzow gave a nervous nod, not knowing why these two men where in his dorm or what they wanted. 

"Um yes that's me." Lutzow said, his whole body shaking, had someone found out? Where they here to lock him up? To kill him? He thoughts raced through possibilities of what these two men wanted. 

"I guess introductions are in order." Victory said extending his hand. "My name is HMS Victory and This is IJN Musashi, we are here to talk about tomorrow." 

Lutzow mentality breathed a sigh of relief, alright, it was just the others from the mission tomorrow, he can work with this, from what he could tell it was a simple, get in, investigate Fort Rommel, find out what happened, and find Blucher, god he hoped she was ok. "So you two are joining me tomorrow, that's good to know." Lutzow said, his nervousness fading slightly.

"So mate, I heard you haven't been on a sortie in four years? Why are you taking up top-secret missions all the sudden?" Victory asked. 

Lutzow looked at the floor before answering, "Its mein schewster, Blucher, when I heard she didn't meet her checkpoint, I knew something was up, the only one of my siblings who is usualy late is Eugen, and that's usualy just to tease us." Lutzow took a deep breath before continuing, "Because of this I fear something may have happened to her, and I don't think I could live with myself if I just stood by and waited for things to play out. I need to know if she is safe! If she is ok!" Lutzow exclaimed, trying to hide anything off about himself while also genuinely explaining his motivation for joining the task force.

"I see, I would probably do the same for Shinano." Musashi said placing his hand on Lutzow's shoulder.

"I may not have any siblings myself but, I would do anything to protect my family, I can tell your a good man Lutzow, I look forward to working with you." Victory said with a smile.

"I guess we should leave you be, you must have things to do, so we'll be off." Musashi said standing up.

"Yeah, I got some things to help the Kommandant with today, tomorrow, we will see what fate has in store for us." Lutzow said, as Victory and Musashi left his dorm. Neither of them saw the brief flash of purple in Lutzow's eyes as they closed the door behind them.

Meanwhile

Miles below the South Atlantic, a colossal submarine cruises below the surface undetected by any human systems, this is the Black Dahlia, The personal flagship of the Siren Commando SPADE .

Deep within the hull of the vessel, Kraken was laying in the in the infirmary, slowly coming to, he woke up with a groan, "Uhhh, What the hell happened?" Kraken said as he tried to get up when Leviathan walked in

"Oh, hey Kraky! Your finally awake!" Leviathan said rushing over to his friend.

"Uh could you keep your voice down? My head is killing me." Kraken said as he rubbed his temple.  

As Leviathan went to fetch some painkillers Kraken suddenly remembered how he got into this situation. He reached for his neck as he felt where Anson bit down into his vein. He sighed as he stood up, and walked over to he mirror on the infirmary wall , he looked at the scares on his bare chest, the scars he had acquired over his five years of life, weather it be from fights with Kaisen, being discovered during an assassination, or getting on SPADE's bad side. That last bit stuck with him, those incidents with SPADE always haunted him, it always bothered him that SPADE  would hurt him, he would usualy say it was to make him a "better killer" or when ever he failed a task, no matter how small the infraction, now he just noticed the two puncture scars on his neck, it didn't matter anyways, just more scars on the canvas that was his body. 

"Here, take theses painkillers for your headache." Leviathan said handing Kraken a small tablet.

"Thanks Leviathan." Kraken says taking the tablet and instantly feels the effects kick in, 'thank you Siren biotech.' Kraken thinks before speaking, "Hey Leviathan." Kraken says turning to his friend.

"What is it Kraky?" Leviathan replies petting his rigging's head as it brushed up against his leg.

"Do ever think about just stopping?" Kraken ask as he takes a deep breath as he traces the new scars on his neck.

"What do mean by that?" Leviathan said giving his rigging a belly rub as it rolled on the floor.

"I mean just leaving all of this behind, all the killing, all the bloodshed, just leaving and exploring this new world, learn about its people!" Kraken says as Leviathan looks confused.

"I honestly could care less about this world's people, there all just enemies to be killed, and plus, I have yet to find a worthy opponent, someone who can match my brutality." Leviathan says with a grin.

"What about that girl from Iron Blood that you laid with all those years ago? Was that just a one night stand or did you feel something more for her?" Kraken asked.

"Oh, Roon. Yeah, her, that was a long time ago, before you and SPADE found me." Leviathan said, with a small bit of longing in his voice.

"Do you ever wonder what could have been between you two? The life you two could have had?" Kraken asked.

"I usualy don't think about it, beside it could never work, she is a Kaisen, I am a Siren, we are enemies and will me nothing more than enemies." Leviathan said standing to face Kraken.

"I'm just saying, I think there could be more to our lives than killing." Kraken says  walking over to grab his gear from a nearby table. 

"I disagree, to be honest being in combat, facing an enemy, that is the only time I truly feel alive, like what I am doing matters. Don't you feel the same?" Leviathan ask as Kraken puts on his gear.

"To be honest, I never have truly felt alive Leviathan, not in combat, not on a mission, not once have I ever felt like a real person, look at us Leviathan, we're not men, where shadows in the shape of men, freaks that should have never existed! Why are we even fighting in the first place! For some random lady we have never met, thousands of lightyears away sitting in a throne room probably having an orgy with her Harem! What do we as individuals fight for Leviathan?" Kraken says as Leviathan looks shocked at what Kraken said.

"Kraken." Leviathan said a small hint of concern in his voice.

"SPADE is right behind me isn't he?" Kraken sighs as he turns around to see his eye patched CO. 

"Kraken, with me. NOW. I have a job for you." SPADE says walking out of the infirmary. Kraken gulps as he fallows turning to Leviathan, who simply mouthed 'Good luck.' Kraken hoped SPADE's "Job" won't be too hard, but knowing SPADE and the fact he probably just heard him go off on Siren ideology, he probably would put a handicap on the job to make him "better".

Next chapter is going to focus on the Sirens for change of pace, I'm looking forward to writing it!