𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"You fudged it big time!" she practically yelled at MEM-cho.

"I am deeply sorry!" MEM-cho apologized, looking distressed.

"Your claimed age is 18, which means..." Miyako said while counting off her fingers. "You've got some nerves of steel, huh?"

"Please stop counting!" MEM-cho begged.

"How many years did you subtract? Three or so?" Aqua asked as MEM-cho sank to her knees in front of him and Luna.

She turned away from them. "...Double that," she whispered.

"You totally misrepresented it!" both Aqua and Luna yelled.

"So, that makes you 24?" Luna questioned.

"Twenty-four... was my age, until this spring," MEM-cho answered, rocking from side to side.

 was my age, until this spring," MEM-cho answered, rocking from side to side

"So you're 25," Aqua said bluntly.

"At this point, it's no use to downplay it," Luna added. "So at 25 you went on the show claiming to be a high schooler... That's mental toughness gone too far."

"I had my reasons!" MEM-cho protested, looking down at her lap. "I... always dreamed of being an idol.

"But, I had a single mother and two younger brothers, and I thought it'd be best if I went out and got a job. But, my mom said... 'Don't worry about that and follow your dream! I'll do my best too, okay?'

"After that, I started to apply for auditions, and I even made it to the final screening at a major agency.

"But, in my third year of high school... my mom overworked herself and ended up in the hospital. The family needed money, you see... So, I temporarily withdrew from school and worked various part-time jobs.

"That enabled me to send my younger brothers to college, and our mom got better too.

"But, I had turned 23 by that point. And in this world, they start treating you like an old lady when you reach 20. All the auditions stipulate they only accept girls who are no older than 20. When I was finally in a position to pursue my dream, I was no longer of the age where that was possible."

Aqua, Luna and Miyako listened as MEM-cho rehashed her story for them. "With that path closed, I channeled my passion into streaming," she continued. "I was still on temporary leave from high school, so I positioned myself as 'a high school girl - parentheses lol -' and it went over better than expected.

"I gained a crazy number of subscribers! And soon, I'd gone too far to turn back!"