Chapter 12

I give up
And if I were to hide my wings and bundle myself
backup into my cocoon, would you then try to take what I give,
understand my silence, or lift the weight off my shoulders?

feeling like you will give up
doesn't mean that you
have to
give up

from the Book of healing, Najwa zebian

Author Pov:

It's been a week since the wedding it was literally shocking for Asha when she came to knew that she has to leave with Azlaan...it felt like a betrayal, marriage was already a blow enough but adjusting to completely different place with total strangers were giving her more anxiety and pressure..but it cant be helped..whats done is done...The thing she learned in this week was maybe acceptance....

From what she observe this past week the environment seemed tense between her brothers but the anger does took over and succeed in pushing her curiosity back...the questions remained unasked, the explanations halted....the reasons faded...it's just stillness and peace she wanted....maybe stability...

One week of total ignorance and even sparing a  moment of acknowledgement was something she isnt entertaining, her silence was respected that's something she is atleast thankful for....leaving everything behind...and starting a fresh was something people do willingly but in her case she was force to do that...

she sighed and looked at the moon that looks just as sad as her......clouds were dancing around it portraying an image of sadness yet beautifying its flaws ...she tightly clenched the hem of her shawl and decided to accompany moon on its silent endeavor....

She stepped into the garden, removing her shoes she started walking while staring at the stary sky...the night view from down there tells so much about the feelings that for a moment she thought maybe...the sky, the moon and the night was sympathising with her or maybe was mourning for her loss...she smiled bitterly at the thought when she felt a presence behind her...the intensity of gaze seems like that of certain someone that she is not yet ready to acknowledge.....

"You haven't slept"..the deep raspy voice echoed in oh so silent garden...creating ripples on the surface of silent night...

She stood still for few seconds....then sighed and started walking still looking at the sky...there is something so beautiful and sad about this particular night that she just wanna be a part of it...maybe in its silence or maybe in its calmness or maybe in its darkness....

Seeing her back against him walking she felt so part of it the scene felt so serene so calming that for a moment he thought that maybe just watching her from far was enough to bring him life time of peace....he came out of his thoughts when he heard her say....

"This night looks so much like us"...she mumbled, maybe she wanted to know was he like her.

He looked at her for moment trying to comprehend the depth of statement than he looked at the sky.....the dimly lit garden was shining brightly under moonlight and so was her....she looked like a part of it...just like the last stroke on the masterpiece by an artist....completing it for eternity.

"No, it's just a plain night"..he said in his usual not interested tone...not acknowledging his own thoughts...

she laughed a little...with a hint of emptiness and sadness......and he could have sworn right there that this would be the reasons of his upcoming sleepless night...but being as arrogant as he is..acknowledgement comes much later in picture....

"why are you laughing" feeling a little offended and frustrated by his astraying thoughts the statement came out rather rude....

"It's just how remarkably well we can hide what's going on inside of the very corner of our hearts...such bizarre thing to feel, to witness....You seem no different from me"....she said in whisper letting the wind carry her words to the listener....