Chapter 2

Author POV:

Everyone was present in living room, even the sound of breathing can be heared.

Arshad was the first one who came out of shock of what his father said.

"Baba I know she will eventually have to get married but what's the rush?"

to which Azaan also protested.

"This is just not right, a marriage proposal for our Asha. Not happening" he pointed toward Asha who was sitting still...thinking deeply.

"She is only 23, a big No!......I am not even considering it. If you wanna marry off someone it should be Arsh bhai" Umar said with calm tone with a little smile at the end.

To which Arsh raised his brow.

"Don't make me scapegoat...... no one is marrying anyone....say no, to this proposal.

All argument came to halt when Abhiha finally spoke.

"Enough you boys considering a proposal does not mean Asha have to marry, your father did a background check on Faiz Riyaz, he is son of reputable buisnessman currently a COO. He was engaged before but not anymore..A good person in general...We are saying this after investigating him properly".

"What do you mean by not anymore and why are we even considering him if he was engaged before".
Arsh said still angry about this whole marriage drama.

"He must have done something to that poor girl"......Azaan said while making a face as if the name is enough to disgust him.

"Asha is the one to decide if she said no then we won't talk about it but if she said yes then we will invite them as for broken engagement its common there can be 1000s of reasons"......Abhiha Said looking at her 3 sons.

Arsh turned towards Asha squat down on floor in front of her while holding her hands.
"Asha look at me......why are you so quiet. we will never ever pressurize you... always remember, now sit easy and relax if you wanna give it a chance then let's c if he is really that good"......He said last part looking at his father who was sitting quietly after dropping on bomb.

Asha stand up and walked out of the living room but stopped in her tracks
"I will think about it".... without turning and dashed out.

Umar also stood up and said grumply..."I am still against it dad".

"I know you all might think this is rush decision....but, I will do what's best for her.... marrying someone early can never be a problem if two people are really meant for each other".

Abhiha also stood up came to Azaan and said......."You should check on her...not now after an hour or so don't talk about answer just make her feel comfortable I am well aware about her ambitions goals the type of family she wants, but sometimes our wants does not align with our needs". "You understand?"..... to which Azaan nodded.

Natasha POV:

"A proposal came for Asha , Abhiha and me are seriously considering it".....dad's words were enough to shake the ground beneath me they are still echoing in my head.

He is well aware about What I wanna be, My goals, but still he is considering it.
It hurts still. knowing your always so supportive family is being like this when it comes to making the most important decision of your life.

Maybe I am thinking too much... I said to myself.....peptalks always helps...I am gonna come to an agreement with my mind eventually....that's why I need space.

Marriage doesn't necessarily means I have to give up on my ambitions , it's just an addition to responsibilities.
but can I add further responsibilities in my life?.