𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟖 | 𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

ابدأ من البداية

"Take a seat."

We both sit down at the chairs. I get rid of some nervousness before I start talking.

"I know Kyle is your friend," I start.

"Kyle? Yes, he's been a long time friend, haha but why are you mentioning him," her eyebrows narrowed in confusion.

"He tried kissing me," the statement dropped her face into a what the fuck face immediately.

"What? I- I don't know what to say Aira. I am feeling ashamed for what he did to you," Laura's voice went dull and annoyed.

I feel like something is off about Laura today.

"I apologise but I really hope what he did doesn't affect our friendship," she moves closer to me along the seats.

"No. Of course not."

"I feel really bad Aira," the sorrow in her voice appears as she takes both my hands into hers.

"Ma'am, we need to start the shoot now," my assistant comes and tells me.

I give Laura a gentle smile and stand up.

"Ma'am, also the power issue isn't solved yet."

"I'll have a look don't worry," I say. "I'll see you soon Laura."

I walk towards the power room, still feeling a bit restless. Laura was acting weird. The way she normally talks to me isn't the way she talked today. Maybe the Kyle situation made her uncomfortable and she didn't know how to react. Or it might be something at work. I'm looking around the buttons and trying to figure out which one is the fourth floor's panel.

"Aira, stop!" he yells.

No. Not Lex again. What does he want now? I'm fixing my mistake. What else do I have to do? I'm grabbing towards the handle of the third isle of the panel room whilst my eyes stare at Lex. He runs to grab me and push me away from the panels, landing against the glass door frame himself for an electrocution that hits his arm. Lex groans in pain as his shirt melts on his skin and the wound bleeds.

"Oh my god!" I quickly grab his arm and look at it.

"Didn't you see the spark with these two wires?" he scolds.

Right now I'm more focused on this wound. I spot Laura at the door of the panel room. She doesn't waste another second to roll her eyes and leave as everyone gathers around the room from the noise. I take Lex outside and grab the first aid box.

"Why did you do that? It's bleeding so much," I nag.

"You would've got hurt if I didn't," he softly groaned.

I look up to his face and my heart starts racing again. His care seems genuine to me. I work back to cleaning his wound. It's so big on his arm and the guilt in me only builds up as I bandage it. I get my assistant to call an electrician to have a look at the power issue instead. Lex instantly leaves for the office and I'm once again stuck in his thoughts, hoping he was taking care of the wound.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Lex enquires at the dinner table.

"Nothing," I responded.

"Then be ready by 7pm," I watch him scoop his rice.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"For an outing."

"An outing. There's really no need."

"I'll wait for you at my car. Exactly at 7pm."

God he's stubborn. It's a Friday evening, I'm already going to be so tired.