𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟕 | 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍

Start from the beginning

He's right. It wasn't a big deal but since Lex has a habit of making a big deal out of everything, he made a big deal out of this too. Or should I say his temper doesn't allow him to tolerate any mistake. I'm walking down to the power room as I feel the air around my lungs tighten. Like I couldn't breathe. This guy at administration follows me to the power room. But right now I feel like I can't process or understand anything. He was one of Laura's friend.

"I heard everything that happened at the party. That wasn't... are you okay?" he asks as he sees me rubbing my chest slightly.

The heat inside me was gathering up all around my ribs, burning them. God what's happening to me? The power room is small and congested which doesn't make things better.

"Take your jacket off," he instructs.

The suffocation inside me is just increasing. I can hear my breaths getting heavier. My steps gather to get out of the power room but he grabs a hold of me.

"You're going to be fine," he says cuffing my face and holding it with all his strength.

"Let... me .... Go!" I forcefully say, trying to catch some air.

Lex

"What's taking her so long?" I yell under my breath.

There's so much work to do and Aira is being really irresponsible today. She needs to understand how to keep her personal and professional life separate. My shoe taps the floor with every minute I spend waiting for her until she doesn't come. In spite, I turn towards the stairs and head down to the power room. She's so done today.

First of all, she doesn't prepare for the shoot properly and now she's messing around. I walk into the power room to see Aira pressed against the wall with Kyle who has his hands firm on Aira's face, trying to kiss her. The nerves in my brain instantly fused against each other and I grabbed him by the collar, pulling him off her.

"It really does look like you don't value your life!" I yell punching him in the jaw this time, hardly with all my force.

Kyle falls to the floor with a grunt. I am about to get to him again but Aira gets a hold of my arm.

"Lex, I ... can't," she restlessly speaks, at the verge of crying.

Her eyes are rolling around as a result of finding it hard to breathe properly.

"Aira, are you okay?" I ignored Kyle to put my whole attention to her.

She nods her head no. It looks like she's having trouble breathing. Kyle gets up to leave but gladly bumps into Noah.

"I heard you yelling," he says.

Noah grabs a hold of him and instantly understands what would've happened. Aira's nails dig into my arm as she suffocates. I quickly take her out onto the first floor and sit her down.

"Get me a glass of water!" I yell in panic when she rests back and tries mechanisms to get her breathing stable.

I get handed a glass of water and press it against Aira's lips. She messily drinks the sips. A few drip down to her blouse because her chest shakes a bit.

"I think she's having a panic attack, Lex," Noah pointed.

"Aira," I softly call out as she looks to the floor, controlling her breathing.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she repeats.

My hand cuffs the side of her face before she lifts her gaze to me, repeating those words, trying to reassure herself. God this hurts. I turn to look to Noah and all around.

"Where's Kyle?"

"I locked him in the power room," he told.

Noah nods that he'll care for Aira whilst I head back to the power room. Kyle walked around restlessly in the power room banging on the door for his escape.

"Oh don't act all tough, Lex. You're still a coward," he chuckles as I unlock the door.

"How dare you try take advantage of her!" I shout punching his face again.

"She's hot and sexy. And I would take advantage of her every time I get a chance to," he shamelessly spills.

"You asshole!" I yell punching him again.

This time he comes for me and grabs my collar. But it doesn't stop me for anything. My fist consistently punches his face until he's on the floor. How dare he touch her? A bullet through one's leg was not enough I guess that the second one is here to have his face rearranged. My punches don't seem effective enough.

"You think you can stop me with your punches? I'd fuck her right under your nose and just you watch."

I am not going to spare him. I've had enough of him and Laura. I reach for another punch when Noah starts holding me back and with him enter the authorities.

"Lex, stop. Get off him," Noah pulls me.

Kyle is dripping blood from his nose and mouth with his whole face looking like it's bruised. I must say my artwork looks pretty good. He's lucky he gets to wear it as a gold medal for a while. He still prides with a smile on his face like he doesn't seem much affected by a broken nose and a dislocated jaw, even though he's at the verge of passing out like a pussy.

"Sir, he's the guy who harassed Aira," Noah says to the authorities.

One of the officers handcuff Kyle and the other comes to handcuff me.

"Leave me," I frown, snatching my arm out of the other officers hand.

"Mr Hudson. You need to comply with us. You do not take law in your hand. You have caused this man injuries."

Like I care. He deserves it. They take me past Aira who is still seated. She stares at the handcuffs around my hands and looks away. She's been acting up for a while now but I really hope she's okay. Noah accompanies me to the station. I was thrown into a cell whilst Kyle was taken to the medical team at the station for his injuries.

"He'll be charged for violence and grievous bodily harm," the officer tells Noah.

"I would've killed that moron!" I yell through the cell.

"Lex, stop!" Noah scolds.

"Please take care of him," the officer looks at me with disappointment.

One of them unlocks my cell and I walk directly out of the station.

"Lex, stop," Noah calls from behind.

"What?"

He opens his car door and signs me to sit in it. I roll my eyes and take a seat. What does he want now? He starts driving and it is dead silent for a while.

"There is something you're hiding from Aira about Laura and her friends," he finally speaks up.

I keep silent. I'm not telling him anything. Who knows, he could be working with Laura too.

"Ok fine, don't tell me. But the way you reacted because he tried kissing Aira," Noah's words already start to pinch me in the head.

His eyes travel to my face and I look at his. I will react that way because there is no way I'm letting anyone hurt Aira.

"It doesn't seem like genuine care to me," he doubts.

"Whatever it is, I don't think it's any of your concern Mr Devyns."

Why does he seem so interested in mine and Aira's business? He doesn't say anything after that and drops me back to the site. Aira's already left the site and headed for home. Between all this I forgot about her panic attack.

I wonder what she's so stressed about and on top of that she had to deal with Kyle today. Well now at least she knows about his intentions. Maybe now she'd believe what I say about Laura. I collect my belongings from the site and head back home.

"Where's Aira?" I ask Lana.

"She's up in her room sir."

Don't forget to Vote 💛