"I thought classes with your mum would be more fun." Ron whispered to Ryan.

"Anything you'd like to share with the rest of the class, Mister Weasley?" Cathy asked.

Ron shook his head shyly.

"Right." Cathy nodded. "Seeing as there are several people in this room that are either related to me by law or by blood as well as my ward, let me assure you that there will be no nepotism or special treatment of any kind. Everyone here will refer to me as Professor Potter for the duration of the class."

"Damn someone's authoritative." Barty commented.

"From the third week up until the two weeks before your final exams there will be quizzes." As Cathy spoke a lot of the students were writing down everything she was saying. "Since this class is more practical than it is theoretical, you won't be required to write long essays about who invented this for whatever reason and how old his gran was at the time."

A lot of the students were visibly pleased at the sound of this.

"I wish we did that now." Dorcas cried.

"Now than," Cathy clapped her hands together, "let's head over to Hagrid's, shall we?"

The scene immediately fastforwards to the entire class following Cathy outside to Hagrids hut.

"I bring you young minds to shape." Cathy announced to the half-giant as she came before him. "Or psycologically scar, dealers choice."

"Sadly that's true for most of our classes." Cathy murmured.

"Come on, now. Come closer." Hagrid greeted the students as he ushered them closer. "Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me."

The students all followed Hagrid as he led them into the woods.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Hagrid told them.

"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy asked.

"Just stroke the spine, of course." Hagrid said as if it were obvious. "Goodness me."

"I hated those books." James said.

"Kids today can barely do anything." Cathy shook her head as she walked next to Hagrid.

Ryan held his book in his hand and he rubbed the spine of the book gently. He unlatched and opened the book and found it to be calm and purring as he did.

"Neato." Ryan smiled to himself proudly.

Neville opened his textbook and was immediately attacked by it. He tried to get a handle on the book but unfortunately found himself wrestling with the book on the ground.

"Oh my god." Alice gasped.

"Poor lad." Frank said.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom." Malfoy mocked.

Ryan ran over to Neville and started to yank the book off Neville. He had to grab hold of the book and press his foot against Neville to finally free him.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Neville said in relief.

"I really like this kid." Frank said.

"I think they're funny." Hermione said to Ron and Harry.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty." Draco mocked. "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."