༉‧₊˚. THREE

Start from the beginning

It was a part of being high ranked, yes, but where are the other ones when he needs them?! slacking off on their damn job, for sure.

He was betting kizaru to be high off, goofing around someplace else. Meanwhile Aokiji, that man baby who sleeps 24/7, It felt like he was babysitting unpaid for gods sake.

"Purupurupurupuru— Gatcha." the Transponder Snail let out a confirming sound, Aokiji had finally picked up. bitchass-

..
"God damn it, Aokiji. Where have you been?"
his gruffy voice replies after multiple of tries to call this dumbass..

"What the hell do you want, I was having an enjoyable nap before you so rudely woke me up. you do know I'm allowed to have breaks?" He responds in his voice, clearly just woken up. Well, he didnt need to confirm it.

"Don't get smart with me..Im asking, Where have you been when the signals have been on my ass? you and that airhead need to be responsible and investigate with me." Akainu replies, Aokiji may be a dumbass, but he was just as good as him. Although he hated to admit that, and he needs him to help.

..

"Fine, fine. I'll check it out."

"Finally.. its not everyday this happens, so if it happens any longer you'll need to take a bigger course of action. Just make sure to tell that nitwit aswell—" Aokiji hung up without a word.

you cuddled into the bedsheets, recently you had gotten sick. It was kinda sudden, since none of the others were sick and you didn't really enjoy to eat mud everyday like them. Which is probably why your immune system was lower than theirs. But still.. this shouldn't have happened.

It was especially bad since you were planning to leave the island for a pretty long while, so all your plans could get foiled because of this setback. And being real, if you ever get caught, there was really no running from the marines.

hearing a sudden shuffling outside the tent, Ace peeked inside, looking guilty for some reason. "Yo.."

"Hey?" you stared at eachother for s pretty good while. Awkwardly so...

"So are you good?"

He looked like he wanted to say something else.

"Yea, its not too bad. but its probably best if you guys stay away, I don't really wanna get you sick either."

Too bad they didn't really use masks as much as they did in your timeperiod, that would've been way helpful.

"So.. recently, theres been some marines here. Which is odd since we're not really an important island, i just wanted to ask.." he trails off, and your heart drops to your stomach. Does he know?

"Did you know anything about that?"

...

"What kinda dumbass question— Im younger than you! how should i know?" you knew damn well why, but at the same time his question was hella dumb.

"I dont know! your always reading books and being a smartass—"

"Kind words to a sick person, I dont know man— I kinda expected 'get well soon' or 'I hope you feel better—"