twenty

The next day she woke up in her bed, she still had the clothes she was wearing the night before.

She couldn't even recall what happened after dinner with the counters, she was so drunk.

She shrugged off her thoughts as she got up from her bed and went to take a shower.

As soon as she finished, she went to the kitchen,
finding Ms. Chu preparing their breakfast.

"Good morning Hana, did you sleep well?"she asked.

Hana shook her head as Ms. Chu placed a hangover soup in front of the young lady, who was sitting at the dining table.

As always, Ms. Chu was ready for everything, she was like a mother to her, she took care of her very well since the beginning and she was very thankful.

"How much did you drink yesterday? You passed out yesterday night."

"I have no idea, but I'm not going to drink again. My head hurts." She said while rubbing her temples in hope to reduce the pain.

"Since we're on the topic, I'm sorry, I shouldn't let myself drink that much, knowing my alcohol tolerance is not good. And thank you for taking me in my room—" she added as Ms. Chu interrupted her before she could finish the sentence.

"It wasn't me"

"Wasn't it you?? Then who??"

As the two ladies were having a conversation, Somun arrived, he was wearing the counter uniform, he has just returned from his morning jogging. His curly hair was messed up and small droplets of sweat forming on his forehead could be seen.

Their eyes met as Hana immediately looked away, her memories of the night before were slowly coming back.

-

[ flashback ]

It was a quiet evening for the counters, there were no sign of evil spirits in the city.

The room was full of laughter, the counters were having a family time together.

It was Motak's idea to let the younger counters drink, but he soon regretted it. Jeokbong was crying his eyes out, Somun was barely awake and Hana kept talking about something that only her knew.

When Motak and Jeokbong stood up and went to their respective rooms, and Mr. Jangmul and Ms. Chu headed outside to take a walk under the dark sky full of stars, in the room there were only Somun and Hana left.

"I'm envious of them. Why can't we be like Ms. Chu and Mr. Choi? Do you still even like me?" She sighed as she was slowly drifting to sleep.

She put her head on the table, her head was spinning for all the soju she had, she slightly opened her eyes, her vision was blurry, but she noticed her face was inches away from Somun's, who was still asleep.

"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed, I should have known you were going through something. You were different from the Somun I met for the first time, you weren't the cheerful person I knew. Your eyes were.. sad."

"I can't stop thinking about you. I think.. I.. like you and a lot. Maybe that's why I am avoiding you, Somun?"

She was now fast asleep, her face still facing the young boy — who woke up from Hana's sudden confession.

-

A/N: hi!! i'm finally back with a new chapter!! what do you think about it?? hana finally confessed to him, it was just drunk-talking or did she really mean to?? a little part of the flashback will continue on the next chapter!!