𝑪𝒉. 𝟗 | 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒅

Mulai dari awal

"Aira, I know you can hear me. You should take a day off today," I sighed, pinching my eyes close, and rethinking my purpose of doing this.

It was no secret that I and Aira were the last people to ever comfort each other but growing up around two women, especially Liz who struggled with a lot of heavy menstruation, my heart ached.

Aira did not respond and instead, I knew she felt embarrassed. I head back to my room and get dressed for today and I have done it quickly so I can tell Lana to prepare a heavy and good breakfast for Aira to eat so her mood does not swing like a hammer over my head.

"Sir, Aira," Lana spoke looking behind me when I took a bite of my toast.

Her face turns red and she hurries out of the house. She'll probably have something at the office. She can't stay empty stomach, but I was wrong. Hours pass and when I ask our manager if she's had food, she lets me know that Aira has only left her cabin to use the washroom.

I had made the decision not to show my face to her today since it always infuriated her but when I received another update at 6 pm that the situation was no different, I clicked out of my chair.

This work can be completed at home. She already had a hard day yesterday during our drive home. Her screams and cries were different this time. They sounded like a little girl's cries that yearned for closure. The closure didn't seem to have been given to her which is why those cries still echo out of her mouth today. I was in no position to ask her but the thought bothered me in the back of my head. When I entered her cabin, she purposely kept her eyes on her laptop screen. Now also, infuriatingly typing.

"Come on, Aira. It's time to go," I spoke walking around her table to get behind her to see what she was doing.

My body leaned over her shoulder giving me a clearer view of the screen and also a nice scent of her signature perfume. The sweetness of almond and coffee dances on the choreography of tango with the elegance of white florals, ultimately settling into a warm embrace of cocoa.

Confidence and sophistication at the same time. Suits her in my opinion but this was such a basic luxurious scent. It was the Good Girl Perfume. Basic but coming from her it smelt luxurious. Like she had given essence to such a basic scent.

"I- I still have work to do," her voice shivers with the closeness of my body with hers.

She refused to look at me. My hand slid along her blouse fabric and to her hand which had turned into ice from my presence.

"It looks like you've finished the file so let me help you," I offered, taking her mouse to save the file and then shut her screen down.

My next mistake, well nice attempt because she thinks I am way too arrogant which by the way does not affect me in any way, was to let her know that she hadn't had food all day.

"Let's go. You've been in this cabin the whole day without any food," I bossed around.

Those words triggered an infuriating reaction from her and she chuckled abruptly, turning her chair to look at me with eyes that were shooting bullets.

"I'll get home myself," she avoids looking at me, getting up from her chair to walk around and towards the door herself.

I manage to put my arm out in front of her like a stop sign to which she immediately stops walking but keeps her gaze away from me.

"Get out of my way, Mr. Hudson," she gritted through her voice.

I slowly place my point finger below her chin, feeling her baby-soft skin send warm tingles along my finger. Lifting her face she finally looked back at me, directly into my eyes like they were some sparkling sensation that occurs along the surface of the ocean when the sun rises and sets.