Ice-cream

"Let's hang out lunchtime. That's what the message said, but—"

"Then what the hell are you doing here, huh?!"

Kasey's friend, Penelope, startled the girl when she nearly flipped the table over as she jumped up. However, she did manage to spill her rumyeon.

"Shit!"

"Language" Kasey softly scolded the much shorter girl who huffed in response.

"Yeah, whatever" After checking if any sauce had spilled on her, Penelope settled back down, took a deep breathe, and practically stared straight into Kasey's soul.

"Tell me you did not throw away the offer of a lifetime to hang out with this school's most popular kid and most beautiful woman on the planet, and let's not forget the person who saved your little naive ass from the world's most wanted douches on my annihilation list" Penelope said this all in one breathe, which made Kasey amused, yet nervous too when their faces became a bit too close. 

Kasey shrunk away from her friend's spicy noodle breath, struggling for the right words. "I-I..." she swallowed. "Y-Yes?"

The other girl then looked at her friend like she was crazy.

"Kasey!"

"Wh-What?"

Yes, the goddessly gorgeous and at the same time handsome beyond words girl Kasey met that night, and have been chatting with since—which also happens to go to the same school as her, invited her over to have lunch together.

And Kasey had not replied back.

"This is Hayden Rojas we're talking about girl!"

If Kasey were honest, she did not know who that was until Penelope told her the whole story of the, "Legendary Freshman", Hayden Rojas, who showed up as a thug and then ended up being the school's loveable, worshipped king—not queen, because she kicked the butt of Casey Yearwood. A boy everyone found absolutely terrible, and who thankfully moved on to college.

"I know, Penelope, but we..." the chubby girl trailed off, trying to find the proper words that would make her friend understand that she and Hayden can't be friends.

"We live in completely different worlds, alright" She faltered when the other girl arched an eyebrow. "Um, she's part of the popular kids who are all their cliche, judging, mean types. And me and you? They look down on people like us, Penelope. It won't make sense if we hung out"

"You don't make sense" And from her friend's entire explanation, this was the girl's blunt response which caused Kasey to sigh.

Penelope laughed. "Cliche? Your the one giving me the, 'We're from totally different worlds so we can't be together' speech" she remarked, taking on a higher pitched tone which was unnecessary.

Kasey took a sip of her drink, mumbling, "Don't put it like that. You make it sound like we're lovers or something..."

Penelope smirked. "Well maybe you can be"

Kasey coughed, and wiped her mouth. "Wh-What?"

"The girl is hot dude!"

Kasey facepalmed with another sigh, her head turning towards the edge of the rooftop where a wonderful view was presented.

"Look Kasey,"

Kasey glanced up at her friend.

Penelope continued. "She isn't a bad person. Compared to the others, she's shockingly the chillest of that stuck-up group of bitches and assholes"