Avocado Toast And Egg

The girl woke up to a ruckus being made inside the house, the sound of her brother's loud voice penetrating the walls she slept behind; and she blinked one eye open.

A soft groan left her when she was nearly blinded by the sun's morning rays that peeked through the shutters. Dark brown eyes, similarly chocolate, gazed distantly, the events of the night before swirling in her mind as well as the stranger.

The kind and brave stranger that turned out to be the most gorgeous woman the girl had ever seen. Not just gorgeous, but she held more of a musculine beauty to her and it memorized the girl.

She had thought about getting her saviour's name, but was too distracted. And when she realised this the moment she stepped inside her house, she felt disheartened. But knew she could do nothing about it.

Deciding to forget about the mysterious pretty lady, the girl remembered she got school and it elicited another groan from her.

She rolled over to check the time, her stubby body tugging the covers in the process, and there was a sudden banging on her bedroom door.

"Kasey, would you get your lazy fat ass out of bed! Breakfast was supposed to be ready by now, so get out of bed before I'll be late"

Still sleepy, the girl was confused and leaned over to the nightstand, and grabbed her phone. She blinked, her vision still a bit fuzzy when she saw it was pass the time she normally got up. Her alarm didn't go off.

A horrified gasp left the girl when it dawned on her that she was supposed to be out of bed twenty minutes ago.

"Do you hear me in there? Are you up?!"

"Y-Yes, yes!" The girl named Kasey, tried hurrying out of bed and ended up falling off the edge of it due to the sheets that got tangled up around her legs.

And the girl landed with a loud thump.

Faintly, her brother muttered something on the other side of the door before she heard his retreating footsteps.

Kasey's eyes stung, her forehead throbbed, and she tugged hard on the sheets that held her legs captive and were the cause of her painful fall.

"Stupid sheets. Stupid fat legs" she muttered, blinking away the tears and hurried to her closet where she grabbed whatever outfit that first caught her eye. There was no time to still think.

Once Kasey was dressed, she rushed to get to the kitchen, to trip and fall over a beer bottle in her way.

"N-Not again" she winced, tears springing back up to her eyes. Now it was her knees, stomach and elbows that hurt. It had been already such a rough night, she barely got any sleep, and now she's having a terrible morning. How worse could her day get.

"Dumb cluts" the girl heard her brother say, and she hurriedly rubbed her eyes and got up, ignoring the pain in her fragile limbs. Her brother stood at the kitchen's entryway, indifferent face, but clear annoyance was found in his voice.

"I warning ya, I don't wanna taste any crocodile tears in my food" The boy sneered before turning away.

Kasey's teeth dug into the flesh of her bottom lip.

Chris, Kasey's older brother, was an unkind person. He often treated her poorly, and it was not the kind of teasing and occasional bullying between siblings. He treated her as some sort of bane to his existence.

However, it was not always like that...

And as Kasey watched the eggs crackle in the frying pan, she wondered again how things turned out like they did.