"You came here to be in my business and to criticize me in my own home?" Avoiding eye contact with him, she threw the remains of the cut stems and the plastic that once wrapped the flowers into the trash.

"Ian come hea' to put you down. I changed." He started, moving closer to her while placing his keys on her kitchen island. "I came ta' talk and see if I can get ma' baby back. Ian know you had anotha' nigga whisperin' in yo' ear and yo' pussy."

His arms snaked around her waist and she internally felt guilt and disgust consuming her body since someone else was just standing in the same position he had her in.

Her body tensed up mindlessly as she opened the flower food packet to pour in the water, feeling his hands trail down lower soon after. "Booka, ima be so honest. We can't fix what we had."

"And how you came ta' dat conclusion, baby girl?" He lowered his tone of voice and her eyes briefly shut, caused by the butterflies in the pit of her stomach. He knew what that name did to her and so did she.

"I mean I did walk in on you balls deep inna hoe," She started as she pushed him back with her elbow, feeling claustrophobic from his presence. "And after I called it quits, I realized you never had my best interest at heart. You just loved to watch me fall."

He groaned out loud, out of pure annoyance as he backed all the way up, deciding to sit on her counter instead. "Cuh you got lame ass people in yo' ear and shit. You know 'dat ain't true, I always wanted 'da best fa' you."

Once she was done putting the flowers in one of her vases from Home Goods, she maneuvered around him so she could place it right in the middle of the island. "Come hea' real quick."

Before she could protest, his hands wrapped around her already slightly detached wig, pulling her closer until she was standing in front of him. "You do too much."

Her eyes stared at her kitchen island as the flashbacks from the previous night began to conquer her thoughts again. It was wild that her ex boyfriend was sitting on the counter that she just squirted on, caused by someone else.

He looked at her distracted face weirdly as he still thought of a bunch of things to tell her to win her back. Which was something he had been doing for the past week.

She attempted to press her lifting lace down with her fingers until he removed her hands away from her head, wrapping both of her arms around his lower body instead.

She simply sighed while turning her head the other way, immediately turning back to face him with the guidance of his hand. All he had to do was to get her to focus in on his familiar eyes and he knew he would have her back.

"You been givin' ma' shit ta' somebody else? You be lettin' anotha' nigga kiss all ova' ma' lil shit? You luh' 'dat nigga?" He posed his questions back to back while keeping his eyes on her, using his free hand to trail down her back.

Her body reacted before her mind could and she relaxed in his embrace, gently tightening her arms around him. She didn't know how much she actually missed him until then.

"Don't ask me that like you ain't have some broad jumping on your dick." She rolled her eyes while the vivid image of that night popped up in her head, causing her mood to change as quick as the speed of light.

He quickly shushed her, grabbing her chin and pulling her face so she was looking at him. "You luh' 'dat nigga?"

They stared at each other for a few moments, taking in the minor changes that the other displayed in the short span of two months. From being together everyday to spending so long with no contact at all had them both feeling a slightly stronger bond than before. Maybe space is what they needed.