Her parents had been there for her that night, her father cooked her favourite meal and her mother got her some ice cream. They both had many people die during their time as healers, especially during the time during the war. They had both taken their first losses hard and knew it would be hard for their daughter, their daughter who wanted to help people no matter what. So they sat together, after having a hot comforting dinner, watching Neferus' favourite comfort movie, one with no mention of death, ice cream in their hands.

- - - - - -

Neferus wasn't expecting it when she met the High Leader. She had just finished one of her shorter shifts and had decided to take a walk in the park. She sat down on a bench and just closed her eyes, listening to the environment around her. Each person there living their own life, maybe some of them she would save one day, and some of them she might have saved already. She sat there until it was only her there, many people had moved around but she enjoyed staying in her spot. When she heard the sound of someone flying down in front of her, she opened her eyes and saw the High Leader in front of her. She stood up off the bench and bowed to her before she asked, "High Leader, may I ask why you are in front of me? We are quite far from ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ and I don't know if I've ever seen you here before,"

"Neferus Galadical, I want to offer you a place on the council. Specifically as the leader of the medical wing as there is no person currently in charge. You would also be in charge of communication between all hospitals, making sure they know what they need to provide care throughout the Main World and the surrounding servers," the High Leader replied.

Neferus knew this was an amazing opportunity, as much as she loved her current job she would be able to help so many people and make sure that all the hospitals were running smoothly, "I accept," she said.

- - - - - -

Neferus was the thirteenth and final member of the council, she didn't realise that she was the final member of the council when she joined but it was a weird feeling. She enjoyed her job in the medical wing of the council, she had hired people to work in the wing, some of whom she knew from the academy. She didn't realise how fast she would start treating patients after the switch, but she didn't mind it at all. They had people coming in, most of it was smaller stuff but she was glad to be able to help. She enjoyed the part of her job helping the other hospitals as well, she could see just how much help each hospital was doing for the community. She ended up becoming close friends with Hayden, Tory, Kelin and Erin, they were younger than Lysabel, Gryff and the High Leader but also older than Via, Blaze, Cirrus, Zyrex and Xelqua.

- - - - - -

The medical wing at ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ was in crisis mode. They had just done one of their biggest attacks yet, they had split the council into two and gone to do two separate attacks. The High Leader, Gryff, Blaze, Zyrex, Xelqua and Kelin all went towards a watcher academy in the far east while Lysabel, Via, Cirrus, Hayden, Tory and Erin were at an admin academy in the west. The watchers had some admins with them in case of emergencies. Neferus was ready at the medical wing along with the healers ready for any injured people coming their way. It didn't take long before they had people coming in, everyone did everything they could to help people, which in some cases involved having some of the admins teleport them out to other hospitals.

Neferus focused on directing everyone until someone came in who was very badly injured. Sierra Verneria was covered in burns, they spread across her wings and her whole body as well. Neferus pulled out as many potions as she could carry, trying to place them over the burns, but nothing was happening. She tried using some healing magic, but there was still nothing. She could feel her heartbeat increase in panic, these burns were reminding her of Tristan Kolities. She tried doing her mega spell again, knowing that it would be the only hope, but she couldn't help but worry that it was going to end just like Tristan did. She hadn't lost anyone since then, and she didn't want to lose another now. The spell sent the purple light throughout the whole of the medical wing, she knew that it was more powerful than when she did the spell with Tristan, so she had hoped that it would work. As the light cleared she could see those around her were healed but she looked toward and saw that Sierra was still injured. Neferus checked on her and saw that she was gone, her spell again did nothing. She had lost another patient.

- - - - - -

Neferus had made her way up to the roof of ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ a few hours later. After she had cast the spell her magic was drained, and she was drained from having to lose another patient, but having everyone around healed helped the medical wing move faster. She stuck to potions that admins have brought in as well as normal medication to help people, letting her magic have time to fill back up. She had to keep a calm head during the ordeal, or at least it seemed like she was keeping a calm head as she was feeling horrible on the inside. They managed to help everyone out, Sierra ended up being the only death on their side. Neferus had lost another patient and it sucked. She was supposed to be the one in charge of all the hospitals, making sure that everyone was okay. She felt she didn't deserve to be in that position, not when she lost someone.

She wasn't expecting it when the High Leader flew up onto the roof. She didn't try and hide she was upset, she knew enough about the High Leader that she would be able to tell anyway. "Neferus, are you okay?" the High Leader asked.
Neferus guessed the High Leader knew she wasn't, but was giving her a chance to talk if she wanted to, and she wanted to. She decided it would be nice to talk about it before she had her parents to comfort her, and the High Leader felt like a parent in a way. "I've only lost one patient before today, a boy named Tristan Kolities. I took it hard back then so having lost another patient is hard, especially since I'm now a council member. Not just any council member but the head of all things medical in the Main World. I feel like I'm not good enough because I let Sierra die," Neferus said.

"You have done an amazing job as being the 'head of all things medical in the Main World' as you put it. You have helped the hospitals improve their patient treatment rates, helped medication reach places where it couldn't before and so many more things during your time here. Sierra did die today, but she had injuries that no one would have been able to heal. The damage that was done was impossible to heal, and even though you are an amazing healer I don't think you are able to break the rules of the world. I would not have chosen anyone else to be the 'head of all things medical in the Main World'. Take a few days off if you want, feel free to ask some of the council members to hang out with you if you want to, or you can visit your parents if you want to," the High Leader said, giving Neferus a hug before giving her some time alone.

Neferus decided she would go and visit her parents, she guessed they would be busy but she knew they would always make time for her. 

WC~ 2140