Chapter 17

Kusuo watched as Petunia raged. She had been proven wrong in front of her neighbors and family friends within moments of opening her mouth. She made excuses, trying to make it seem as if Kusuo was a troublemaker and harassed Dudley and "Oh that boy, he's touched in the head. Can't even say Dudley's name properly, can't string along more than two words. The trauma from the accident, you see."

She didn't know that Kusuo was an actor, a liar. He shyly hid behind Dudley whenever an adult spoke to him, or clutched Harry's hand, and otherwise stoically ignored them.

'Trauma', hah! Most of Petunia's acquaintances believed that she had been scammed by a hack doctor and that Kusuo, or rather Felix, was just an extremely shy child.

And oh, how Petunia raged. She fumed and paced and insulted Kusuo with even more degrading names before cutting his (and more importantly:Harry's!)perfectly healthy portion of food to half. It took Kusuo a few days to figure out what Petunia was doing but he caught onto it on the third day.

If Petunia thought Kusuo was going to let his brother live with steadily declining food at an important time of development for his child's body, then she was sorely mistaken. If Petunia wouldn't give them food, then he would just take some from Dudley.

All Kusuo had to do was turn to look at Dudley, extend his hand and ask, "Diddy give?" and Dudley would push over all the green veggies he disliked onto Kusuo's plate. He didn't even care if Vernon and Petunia saw this exchange. Dudley never ate healthy, tasteless, 'rabbit food' and Kusuo was perfectly happy with all the squished green vegetables Dudley happily gave them.

Dudley probably thought he was hitting two birds with one stone whenever this happened. He wouldn't have to eat food he didn't like, courtesy of Vernon's thoughtless remarks at the dinner table, and he would also gain his favorite cousin's favor. Kusuo was all too happy to humor Dudley's antics whenever he wasn't hungry so it wasn't like Dudley was wrong in that regard either.

What? He liked kids.

Petunia tried to stop Dudley from giving the twins food and Vernon threatened Kusuo from asking food from Dudley again. None of the children, two real and one fake, cared.

In short, in the Dursley household, the Potter twins had an all-purpose human shield by the name of Dudley Dursley.

A/N

✨ I'm back ✨