Chapter 1♡

Please don't be a ghost reader, if you like this, make sure to vote and even comment if you want! 😊

Your pov

I reverse my car into the drive way and park it grabing all my belongings out of it along with my shopping bag, I get out of the car, kicking the door shut behind me as my hands are full, I fiddle with my keys trying to find the correct one, as I do I open the door shutting it with my hip behind me and go drop my stuff on the table, it's quiet in the house today, Abbys at school and Mike's at work, so I have the whole house to myslef, I begin putting the small amount of shopping away such as yoghurt for abby, sandwich fillings for mike and I etcetera.
Once I finish, I walk to my room, putting all of my belongings that were originally on the table onto my bedside table.
I go into the living room and begin watching my favourite TV show f/s after the 2nd episode I begin to doze off.

-later-

A alarm buzzes in my ear from the alarm clock near me.
I sit up and look at the clock on the desk realising it's the alarm I set to remind me when it's time to get abby from school when Mike's working later then usual.

I sit up and turn off the alarm, looking around for a moment before sitting up.
I grab my keys and phone from my room before getting in the car and driving off towards abbys school.
It's about a 15 minute drive so I get there on time for 3:20 which is what her school ends

As I walk into her class I'm greeted by a enthusiastic Abby.
She runs up to me attempting to drag me out whilst saying things so fast I could hardly understand.
I wave goodbye to her teacher before giving into Abbys persistent tugging of my hand.
"Slow the talking down Ab's"
I say as she takes a deep breath in, obviously worn out by the rambling she had just done.
"OK, so, I was trying to say that today was better then yesterday, I made some more drawings as I finished my one from yesterday and that was fun, but I fell over at break whilst trying to get off of the bench and all the other kids laughed, but other then that today was OK I guess."
She says, slightly slower this time, making everything easier to understand.
"That's good abby, today being even slightly better is a improvement. but I'm sorry the other kids laughed at you. Did you get hurt to bad?"
I ask calmly
"Not really, just a graze"
She replied as she opened the car door
"That's good, hey, before we get going, could I see your drawings?"
I question, hoping that she'll say yes, I love her drawings, they're pretty good for her age and they make her happy, what's not to love?
"Sure."
As she says this she digs through her bag before pulling out 3 sheets of paper.
The first one it one from yesterday, her and her friends playing jumprope.
The second is one of Abby, Mike and I sat in the living room watching TV.
And the 3rd is one of abby and her friends in her blanket Fort.
"Wow abby these are amazing! Definitely got to put these up at home, but you are running out of wall space... did you want a tub to store you old pictures in? That way you could put new ones up?"
I say as I hand back the drawing and start the car
"Yes please! I would get rid of some but I like them alllll"
She states drawings out the all to emphasise her point
(I begin driving)
"OK ill add it to the shopping list for when I do a full restock."
"OK, thanks Y/N"
The rest of the car ride is peaceful with basically no traffic, we get home by about 3:40.
As we get out of the car I grab my phone and ketes locking the car before opening the front door.
"Ab's I'm gonna make dinner, what would you like?"
"Is there any mac and cheese?"
"Yeah but it's the box kind."
"That's fine I'll have it, thanks"
"No problem kiddo"

-time skip-

By time Abbys finished her dinner and I've plated mike and I'm food he walks through the door, shoulders slumped and his whole demeanour just very upset in a way and quite tense
"Hey Mike, what's up?"
I question
"Nothing, just work"
I can tell he's only half telling the truth but decide not to mention it.
"Oh... anything interesting happen today?"
I ask as I gesture him over to the table
"Not really, how about you, anything interesting happen?"
He queries
"Well, I'm being told by co-workers I'm going to get fired soon, not sire how they know that, but, I have noticed a change in my bosses attitude towards Mr recently so, not completely out of the picture, but, luckily I applied for a new job today, as a back up kinda of thing, chances are I'll get accepted"
I say
"Well that sucks, but good you found a new job so quickly"
"Yeah and it's a night job so it fits perfect with our schedule still, it doesn't start till like 7"
(Ik in game its 12 but for this ig it's like early evening bc he takes abby with him yk)
"Hm, well, that's lucky I guess"
"Yup"
I say and we eat in comfortable silence, although to some it would seem although mike and I are awkward when speaking, it's not really the case, we're both just tired so to others, it would see like we're completely uninterested in eachothers life and wellbeing.

 anything interesting happen today?" I ask as I gesture him over to the table"Not really, how about you, anything interesting happen?"He queries"Well, I'm being told by co-workers I'm going to get fired soon, not sire how they know that, but, I ha...

965 words, sorry this isn't great, hopefully I'll get better at writing soon xx