The space in between cupboard and stove is a door leading outside.

And in the middle of the kitchen is a rectangular table used to prepare the ingredients.

The table and chairs used for dining is in the main hall. I guess they serves as dining and lounging.

Looking at the pitiful amount of stir fried vegetables on the pan, Shen Yuying wondered if its enough to feed all of these Educated youth.

Life here seems to be difficult.

Shen Yuying moved towards Li Xiaomei.

"Sister Xiaomei, we brought pickles , let's add this for our meal."

She offered a big can of pickled cucumbers to Li Xiaomei.

Gu Kai came forward and handed a can to Li Xiaomei.

"I also brought a small can of meat sauce."

Looking at the jar of pickles and the can of meat sauce  Li Xiaomei was taken aback.

These people are truly good people. She looked at them in awe.

While its true that they all eat together but they don't share everything they have.

If there's something good, they'll keep it for themselves.

With a hesitant face she asked "Are you sure you want to share it with everyone?"

Of course she also wants to eat the pickles and meat sauce. It looks like its made well, it must taste really good.

It has been few months since the grain distribution, and they're running out of food.

Although they could go to the mountain to forage but unlike the locals, they aren't very skilled.

Everytime they go to the mountains,  they can only get pitiful amount of goods.

As a result, they're always short of food.

They've been eating alot of wild vegetables recently that their faces have almost turned green.

All Educated youth grew up in the city, they're not good at farming, so they can only have few work points.

So to sum it all, they are really miserable bunch.

"It's our first meal with everyone, although the captain gave us grains but I'm sure it wasn't enough,  so its only right to share these with everyone." Shen Yuying convinced her.

"That's right, we should atleast share, we haven't given anything to the group yet and were eating together. " Gu Kai said.

Although the Wang cousins were a little uncomfortable because they didn't give anything, they also agreed and nod their head.

Well they brought some things with them too.

Although its not much but they'll have a chance to share it with everyone in the coming days.

Thinking about it, they also felt better.

They opened both cans and the smell wafted out in the kitchen. A few stomach grumbles.

That's right, they're hungry from a long travel.

Wang Xiayun is very quick on her feet and hurriedly wash her hands and the knife.

She cut the pickles into thin pieces and placed them in a bowl until its full.

There's still half a jar left and she gave it to Li Xiaomei to keep.

The meat sauce is in a small can and will be finished after a single meal, so decided to serve it as is.

Against Li Xiaomei's wishes, the 4 helped her set up the table which made Li Xiaomei happy.