Chapter 4, ii

The elevator finally came to a full stop, completely giving some time for the teenagers to catch their breath.

Boxes fell off the shelfs from the force and Steve groans. "My groin... It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off me!" Dustin being the closest, he helped pushed the boxes off of steve. "I can't move."

Erica got up with the help of Alexia. "Is everyone okay?" Robin ask, looking at everyone while leaning at the wall, catching her breath.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve exclaimed, slamming a hand in one of the table.

Steve walks towards the power buttons to see if it'll work. "I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin said.

"They're buttons. They have to do something." Steve said. Robin pointed at the fuse.

"Yeah, if we had a key card." Robin pointed out. Steve stopped pushing the buttons, turning to her.

"A what?" He ask.

"It's an electronic lock." Robin stated, walking towards the buttons. "Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning─"

"We're stuck in here." Dustin chimed in, cutting Robin's words.

"Children. Children. Let's not fight and think of something so we can get out of here." Alexia said. Erica then starts to speak.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home fir Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat. " Erica threatens as the four listens, before Alexia puts a hand at the table.

"I don't care about Tina!" Steve exclaimed, looking at Erica. "Or Uncle Jack's party! You're mom's not gonna be able to find us, if we're dead in a Russian elevator!"

"Hey," Dustin voice out, pointing upward. "What if we climbed out?"

Steve and Dustin hosted them up at the emergency trap door, as the three girls stays inside.

"We can't." Alexia stated at the other two girls with her, "We can't climb up, because even if there's something to use to climb, it'll take us hours to do so."

Dustin and Steve went back inside. Dustin, dropping his bag on the floor, pulled out his intercom and made sure, he's in the right channel, before climbing out again, with Steve's help.

"Code red, I repeat, code red." Dustin said. The four highly don't believe that it can reach even just the surface with how far down below they are, at the moment. "Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The Red Army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us."

"Hey!" Steve called out to Dustin, who turned to him. "Gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The mall just opened." Dustin said, making Steve confuse.

"So?"

"So someone could be in range." Dustin said, hopeful.

"What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" Steve said, trying to haul himself up.

"All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Robin?" Dustin ask. Who wouldn't be if they're stuck in such a small space and probably five-hundred feet below the surface.