part 1 - the first few years

« 👩🏼‍🤝‍👩🏻 »

Ever since they were young, they were already friends.

Even if one of them is one year older.

They were put together to play by their mothers.

When they were babies, their moms would put them in the same crib as two of the babies subconsciously held each others hands. Feeling each other, both of them giggled as their legs would kick up and down in excitement.

The older one would be crawling from outside the crib as the other one watched from inside the crib, just watching the older one do something that the younger one couldn't do made the younger baby admire her even more.

Their mothers, both watching them, smiled at their lovely friendship.

Everyone in the small village would know them as the two cutest babies, greeting them whenever they saw them with cute faces and a soft voice.

When they began to get older, they eventually became even more closer. Holding each other's hands as they walk along the all the small shops and buildings in their village. They were at an age where Lily could talk, but Haewon couldn't yet. Despite the lack communication between them, they were still able to communicate through making weird and random sounds.

" Do yuw wan dis? " Lily asked as she pointed at the doll with a white dress, " It preetty! " Lily smiled, she really wants the doll for herself, but she knows that Haewon probably wants it to.

" mmm... " Haewon furrowed her eyebrow slightly. Even if Haewon can't talk and communicate properly to Lily, at least she can tell Lily what she wants.

" How abou dis wun? " Lily pointed to the other doll, it had a pink dress. It was slightly more smaller than the other doll, but Haewon liked it.

She jumped up and down and nodded her head excitedly. Lily grabbed the doll in a pink dress and gave it to Haewon before calling her mom, " Mommyyyy! "

She was distracted from her conversation with Haewon's mom as she looked at Lily pointing at Haewon's doll.

" Moommy! Haeewun wans it, she wans twhe doll. "

Lily's mom smiled at Lily, " Okay sweetie, I'll buy it for her. "

" twhanks moommy! "

" Your welcome. "

" Hey, I can help you pay for it. " Haewon's mom said, " It's my daughter after all. " She stopped Lily's mom from walking any further from the cashier.

" No thanks, I like to treat Haewon like my own too. "

A few years have passed and Haewon and Lily were still together. They lived closely together, they went to the school together, they did everything together. They were inseparable as if they were glued together.

" Go away! " Haewon pushed the boy away, " I think you're getting a bit too close to me... " The five year old Haewon felt uncomfortable with a boy around her.

" Shut up Haewon! " The boy pushed Haewon even harder, making her fall backwards and hitting her head in the wall. Haewon's eyes began to look like crystals. She was about to cry, " W-Wait! No- Don't cry, Haewon... I'm sorry! " The boy apologised, he didn't want to get in trouble.

But despite the boy's sorrys and begs, Haewon began to cry loudly, getting Lily from another room's attention.

" Hey! What are you doing? " Lily walked up to the boy with her hands on her hips.

" Nothing! I-I accidentally pushed Haewon! "

Lily knelt down to Haewon as she softly asked, " Did he accidentally push you? "

" N-No..! H-He was b-being m-mean to me. " She wiped away her tears with her sleeves as she choked on her words.

" Get out of here before I tell the teacher! " Lily stood back up and pointed to the hallway with her other hand, " I don't want to ever see you hurting Haewonnie again! "

The boy ran away in fear.

" Are you okay? " Lily sat down besides Haewon as she asked.

" M-My head hurts... "

" Let's go to the nurse then! "