Chapter Two: Two at a time

"What happened?", Xie Lian asked as he entered the Emergency Room with Hua Cheng tagging behind. "28 years teacher,  fell from the stairs, he lost his consciousness immediately and had heavy blood loss" 

"Run a CT scan and get prepared for surgery", Xie Lian said and turned to Hua Cheng and said in a rush, "San Lang you are yet to be our chief and also now you are not our doctor so I'll take care of it"

"Ok gege, Call if you need help, and all the best for surgery, See ya soon", Hua Cheng and smiled. Xie Lian smiled and said bye before going away to get prepared for surgery. 

Hua Cheng went to the Outpatient hospital building to supervise his soon-to-be patients and the junior doctors under him. 

* * *

Hua Cheng was talking to Quan Yizhen, a junior surgeon under him when Yizhen's phone rang. He picked up his phone and spoke before cutting the call shortly. 

"Chief Hua, I think there is an emergency, we should go now", Quan Yizhen said. Hua Cheng nodded before rushing out of the outpatient building with the junior surgeon behind him. 

Hua Cheng and Quan Yizhen went to the emergency room and found two men and a woman waiting in front of the closed doors. Hua Cheng directly went inside without sparing a glance but Quan Yizhen widened his at the sight of them before silently walking inside. 

Hua Cheng went inside and found doctors rushing here and there with two patients bleeding in the head. He asked, "What happened?" 

"You are?", The one who asked was the Director of Emergency Department. 

"He is the chief of the neurology Department", Quan Yizhen answered. 

"What? When did he- nevermind, two seriously injured and in a coma, one got shot in the head and the other's head is also seriously wounded" " she said while making way for Hua Cheng. 

Hua Cheng went near the boy and pulled his pen flashlight from his coat pocket before beginning to examine the boy's pupils. "A violent blow to the head leaves an open injury. He went unconscious on the spot and there's a lot of blood loss and a continued decrease in pulse amplitude and body temperature drops below 32 degrees Celsius ", the director of ED said. 

Hua Cheng finished his examination and looked down at the Director and said, "Pupils' size are different, I guess it's an intracranial hematoma, well, send him for a CT scan and prepare for the surgery"

"But you can't do surgery, you are yet to become our official doctor if you did then you would be violating the hospital rules,"  she said, concerned. 

"I am a doctor and my duty is to save lives and I don't care about any shitty rules", Said Hua Cheng before going to take a look at the other patient. 

"What happened to him?", Hua Cheng asked while pointing at a bleeding young man. A resident doctor answered him, "He was shot in the head and lost his consciousness, the bullet went through him, an average of 9 to 12 breathes per minute, pulse rate falls below normal"

"Right, he is the government agent and the one we saw is the suspect", Said the Director of ED. 

"The gun must be self-made, No blast injuries, I hope the bullet only reached his hardpan and didn't hurt the brain tissues", Quan Yizhen said. 

"Send him for a CT scan and try to keep him alive" instructed Hua Cheng before saying, "And notify Dr. Yang, Both of them need surgery immediately"

"Ok, Chief", Said Quan Yizhen

"Alright, go", Said Hua Cheng before walking out of the emergency room. 

"Doctor, how is my colleague?", asked one of the men who was waiting.