You set fire to all that I know

We had woken up on the day of travel to the music event venue, ready to conquer the day

Except thieves had conquered us... our bags and our wallets and every important document we needed to get back to Korea.

My handbag that was settled on my shoulder and Oscar's that was propped up on his Burberry suitcase was snatched by a motorbike that burst out from an opposite alley.

"Our bags were snatched!" Oscar yelled out as if I didn't just see it happen. He tried to run after the motorbike, but I instinctively grabbed him (I was aiming for the shoulder but accidentally grabbed a fistful of his hair) and told him it was futile.

They were probably a gang that often did this to tourists.

It was a good thing our phones were in our pockets.

After going to the police to report our passports stolen, they promised to investigate with a bored look on their face, pretending to care about something they'd seen happen to careless visitors of their country one too many times.

"We should be happy we weren't brought into an alleyway where we'd be threatened with knives," I comforted.

Oscar snarkily responded: I'd like to see that happen.
No, Oscar. You do not, I answered.

We handled our passports with the Korean and American embassy being twenty minutes apart by car while simultaneously cancelling all my credit cards.

Stress was beginning to settle that we'd miss the first day of the Daylight Music Event and we headed back to the same police station for a (hopeful) follow up. That was how we met a young man named Maxwell.

There was a chorus of tinkering sounds when the door of the police station opened, Oscar sleep talking. He asked: Is Santa Claus here? A young man, looking to be around Oscar's age, took a seat beside me.

He was a gentle and innocent looking Asian and was wearing a flappy oversized gray shirt and had a bunch of necklaces dangling around his neck. Strapped to him was a giant acoustic guitar painted a bright pink just like his shoes.

 Strapped to him was a giant acoustic guitar painted a bright pink just like his shoes