Suspicious Kaneko With Her Suspicious Bag

Start from the beginning

I noticed that the classroom was nearly full.

Seriously though, where did Kaneko run off to?

I heard someone putting down their bag on the seat next to me.

"That's a heavy sigh, even though the school semester hasn't even started yet. I feel like sighing after meeting you again."

The person who sat next to me was the girl I argued with after getting off the bus.

"... So we were in the same class, huh."

After all, there are only 4 first-year classes. It's not like it's probabilistically impossible that we were put in the same class.

"I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Nice to meet you."

"A sudden self introduction?"

"Even if you call it sudden, it's our second time talking to each other. Isn't an introduction fine?"

Anyway, I previously had no way to introduce myself to anyone other than Kaneko. Even to this cheeky girl. Although, in order to become familiar to this class, I wanted to learn my neighbor's name at least.

"Do you mind if I reject your greeting?"

"I think it would be awkward if we didn't know each other's names, even though we sit next to each other."

"I think it would be perfectly fine."

I cannot handle her alone. Only Kaneko can do that.

Kaneko...

Did she perhaps get her class wrong when she introduced herself?

No.

Her nameplate is in the seat in front of me, which I am very thankful for. I wouldn't have to sit near this ice queen alone.

After glancing at me, she put her bag on the desk. It seems like she won't even tell me her name.

The girl showed no interest in the rest of the classroom, and sat down in her seat like a model.

"Is your friend in another class? Or are you coming to this high school alone?"

"You're a curious one, aren't you? You shouldn't talk to me, since you won't find me interesting anyway."

"If I'm being a bother to you, just tell me to shut up."

I thought that the conversation was over, but after a sudden change of heart, she sighed and looked at me.

"My name is Horikita Suzune."

I didn't expect to receive an answer, but she... no, Horikita, introduced herself.

For the first time I saw her face.

... Wow, she's cute.

I mean, she's a beauty.

Even though she was in the same grade, she could probably pass as a second or third year student.

She looked like a mature woman.

"Let me start off by telling you a bit about myself. I have no particular hobbies, but I have an interest in everything. I don't have too many friends, but I think it would be good to have some friends. Well, that's the kind of person I am."

"Sounds like a reply from someone who avoids troublesome situations. I don't think I'll ever like someone who thinks like that."

"It feels like my whole existance has been denied in a single second."

"I pray that no more misfortune befalls me."

"I sympathize with you, but I don't think that'll come true."

I pointed at the door to the classroom. The one standing there was----

"The equipment in this classroom seems to be in order! The classroom looks just like the rumors say!"

It was the boy who argued with the woman in the bus.

"... I see. Certainly is bad luck."

As if on cue, Kaneko also entered the classroom. She was holding her bag tightly to her chest and her face was positively glowing, which was very suspicious.

"You knew that she was gonna be in this class too, didnt you?!"

It seems like Horikita is mad that I didn't tell her about Kaneko being in the same class as us.

Why would I tell her? It's not like Horikita is my friend.

But I still had to reply to her.

"Who knows."

Horikita sighed and looked done with everything.

Kaneko greeted Kushida and then came closer to us and very carefully and deliberately put her bag on the floor.

There was definitely something in the bag.

"Heya Kiyo-chan!"

She called out to me grinning and waved to me and Horikita.

"Hey there, Tomato-chan! Seems like we are in the same class."

I waved back.

Horikita scoffed and turned her head away.

Kaneko returned her focus to me.

"Why did you take that long in the bathroom?"

"Ehh?? Nothing. I was just looking around the school, you know??"

She was fidgeting and sweating.

There is definitely something in that bag.

From the corner of my eye, I saw that the blonde-haired boy sat down at the seat marked "Koenji". He had his legs propped onto the desk and was clipping his nails with a nail clipper. He acted as if he was the only one there and ignored all of his surroundings.

His remarks on the bus seem to have come from his true thoughts.

In less than ten seconds, more than half the class backed away from Koenji. Even here, his self-important attitude penetrated the classroom.

I glanced back at Kaneko and she seemed to have sat in her chair and carefully put the bag on her desk and close to her chest. It looked like she was peeking into her bag and whispering to it?

I sighed.

It seems that there are a lot of problem children in the D class.