A Not-So-Fresh Start

In the heart of the vibrant chaos that was Los Angeles, amidst the unending bustle, stood an apartment —a humble building that stood silently against the city's relentless pulse. As the night draped itself over the streets , the chill in the air seeped into the corners of the aging architecture.

Nestled within this urban tapestry stood Y/N L/N.

Laying on the soft yet firm red couch within their small apartment, Y/N's mind would be busy thinking about what tomorrow holds for them and them growing all the more tense for their interview tomorrow. They didn't want to screw up. They needed the money.

With a soft sigh and a shift of their body, they'd turn to face the clock.
It was late, they probably should go to sleep pretty soon so they can be at their best for what tomorrow brings them.
A slow movement to pick up the remote lying at their side, raising their hand to turn on the TV, they'd see what the news brings to the television tonight.

Flipping through channels, none piquing their interest before they'd stop at the news station, getting caught up on the local disappearances and murders happening around LA's area.

"Again?... Jesus... The numbers are only growing each day it seems..."

They would then groan with boredom at the news anchor explaining the trouble investors would have retrieving evidence from the crime scene. They'd pick up a bag of chips laying on their coffee table, eating the late night snack to enjoy whilst watching the news reports.

"By this point, I doubt the killer is going to get caught..."Y/N mumbled to themselves."

A quiet sigh escaped them as they'd speak to themselves, looking at the news one more time to listen in on more additional details of the new reports being broadcasted to those up at this hour and watching the station.

[Anchor 1: Good evening, and welcome to Channel 7 News. I'm Natalie Welch .]

[Anchor 2: And I'm Aaron Tanner. Our top story tonight: a string of brutal murders and disappearances has shaken the Los Angeles area in recent weeks.]

[Anchor 1: Authorities are baffled as the number of cases continues to rise, leaving residents on edge and communities in fear. Including myself, especially with the body they found drained of blood, isn't that right Aaron?]

[Anchor 2: That's right, decapitated nonetheless. The LAPD has launched a full-scale investigation, urging anyone with information to come forward. But so far, no leads have been made public.]

[Anchor 1: Families of the victims are pleading for answers and for the safety of their loved ones as these disturbing events unfold.]

"These reports just keep getting more brutal with each discovery, I swear." Y/N muttered.

They'd shudder and shake off the creeping feeling of concern, getting up and stretching as they'd make their way through their apartment, the creaking sounds of the hardwood floor being heard with each step they took, the sound being drowned out by the TV as they'd enter the kitchen, closing any snacks they might've opened, hearing the news on the TV. wiping down the counters from them cooking earlier, putting away anything they left out.

Once finished with cleaning the kitchen, they'd head back to the living room to glance back over at the clock.
It was almost 1:00am.
Grunting with surprise at how much time has passed,
Quickly stepping closer to the coffee table, Y/N turned off the TV before something interesting caught their attention. Perking their head up and sitting back down onto the couch, they'd lean forward, hands slightly gripping the remote as their eyes narrowed from the details described on the television.