ENTRY 3: Tangled Caroling

Title: Tangled Caroling

Pen Name: Meraki'sPen

Word Count: 796 words

Story:

Have you ever experienced caroling in your Christmas memories? Today is December 1st. I'm not excited about the approaching Christmas day. What is enjoyable at Christmas? I hate Christmas: shopping for Christmas items, putting decorations on Christmas trees, children who believe Santa Claus even though it's just a person wearing a mascot, opening presents, and people who sing Christmas songs, which is really annoying. Is this what you call Christmas spirit? boring; after those things are done,the next day Christmas is over, just a waste of money. I saw a strange man in front of our house just staring at me with his terrifying appearance: wearing a red coat with a long white beard and a terrifying smile. I'm bothering him and don't ask what he needs, so I just went inside. Until this happens over and over again every day, Three weeks and two days later, on the 24th day, my family decided not to have Noche Buena here at home but instead to celebrate it at my grandmother's house. No matter how hard they tried, I went with them. I don't want to go; perhaps the only thing to do is eat. Even though I'm here at home, I can eat alone. Afterwards, they leave. I locked the door and turned off the lights so no one would disturb me. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard people caroling in front of our house at practically midnight. They started chanting loudly, "Jingle bells, jingle bells.Jingle all the way.Oh, what fun it is to ride. In a one-horse open sleigh, hey!" I chose to ignore them and keep lying down. Are these people really stupid? Isn't it obvious that nobody lives in this house, yet they haven't stopped? I'm getting irritated already. I therefore made the decision to go get rid of them. "Can you leave?" The wind inside started to pick up, and I was shocked that no one was singing outside. I shut the door, but it kept singing. Stupid people who are only having fun. The play of the Christmas song started. I descended to follow the place where the song was getting louder as I drew closer. The terror appears to be drawing nearer to me already, so I can already feel it. I noticed a shadow of a person standing inside the house when I opened the window. It is growing colder outside. I turned around when the singing behind me grew louder, but when I looked out the window, the person who was standing there vanished. The Christmas songs are still audible to me. I hear voices repeating songs; it sounds like someone is whispering in my ear. The wind is blowing more forcefully. I close my eyes to stop these noises. The place grew silent, and I gradually opened my eyes. A group of kids besides me had their bodies tangled, their lips stitched, and they were asking, "Do you want to come caroling with us?" as my eyes widened. I hurriedly ran to escape the house. A swarm of kids crawled toward me while continuing to sing Christmas songs and say, "Help, run!" I was about to run, but all of a sudden the strange man who always stood in our house startled me before my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, an old man was smiling at me. "Finally, my little gift to my son will be finished," he said, while pointing to a horrible thing besides me. These are the kids who were chasing me earlier and shaped like a big present. I'm very scared this time. The old man was getting close to me when I suddenly pushed him hard, causing him to fall. I quickly ran away and went to the police to tell them what happened. The next day, the old man was caught. However, I found out that the children I saw were murdered by the crazy old man and only wanted to carol on Christmas day, but were taken and experimented with to look like a gift. The old man thought the he is Santa Claus to his son. I can't quite imagine that they were just warning me and not trying to scare me, also want justice. I was fainting. When I woke up, I was shocked to find myself lying in bed as if nothing had happened. My mother came in and said "It's Christmas time". I told her what happened, and she said it was just a dream. Perhaps it's just a dream. I was in the middle of a Christmas celebration when I suddenly heard Christmas songs outside. When I opened the door, I saw the children who had tangled just like what happened in my dream were caroling in our house again.