Molly

Warnings: mentions of periods, death/grief, drinking problems and bullying, angst.

Courtney's pov:

Today really isn't my day. It started of with the jocks nicking my bag and teasing me because I was to short to grab it of them. Then the 'popular girls' came over to me in English and were making fun of my hair (which I rather like). When I told them my dad did it for me it made the situation 10 times worse. Smart move Courtney. This was a regular though. Every morning the jocks would tease me some how and the popular girls would make fun of me in some way. What makes today especially horrendous is the fact my period had started the night before and I have p.E  next. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against sport (I'm an avid football player) but p.E is torture . I haven't made many friends at school because they only want to be friends because of who my dad is or they think I'm a liar and don't believe that my dad is the one and only Harry Styles. This means I generally end up on my own in p.E and I am always the last one to be picked when it comes to team sports. Add the fact that my uterus feels like it's being ripped apart in me. Not fun.

My dad usually writes me a note asking if I can be excused from p.E knowing how bad my cramps can sometimes get but we were in a rush this morning and I forgot to ask him. I tried reminding my p.E teacher about this but he is an old Crusty man who has never had to experience a period before so forced me to do it.

Reluctantly I head to the changing rooms and slip my       Kit and trainers on before heading out to the field. "Right girls today we will be doing tennis so spilt up into pairs, grab rackets and a ball and start practicing your hits." Already knowing I'm gonna be on my own I head over to the edge of the court and mindlessly throw my ball about. "Look at her she's such a pathetic loner. That's what you get for lying about who your dad is." I hear the popular girls talking about me and I try and ignore it but it's not that easy. "I bet her dads a right weirdo if she's willing to say that her dads Harry Styles. I mean how gullible does she think people are. She must be a nut job like her dad if she thinks anyone will believe her." My eavesdropping is interrupted by my teacher calling my name. "Yes sir?" He motions for me to go over to him so I do. "Why aren't you participating in the class Courtney?" I can hear the girls laughing at me because I'm getting told off. "Er sir there's no one for me to practice with." "Doesn't matter Courtney. That's not an excuse for you to do nothing for an hour." I start to get frustrated because that's what I do every lesson and mr Smith never seems to give two fucks. Just as I'm about to fight back someone yells "Oh my God look at her shorts." All the girls suddenly turn and look at me some looking sorry but the majority of them bursting out laughing. Mai the 'leader' of the popular girls walks over to me and Mr Smith sniggering. "Hey Courtney you might want to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror you have a huge stain on your shorts. Which is absolutely disgusting. Is your personal hygiene really that shitty?" I stand frozen absolutely mortified, hoping  Mr Smith will say something. He doesn't. "Sir your just gonna let her talk to me like that?" Mr Smith scoffs. "She does have a point that is rather disgusting." My eyes fill with tears shocked that a teacher would say that. Before I can process what's happening I'm running out of the tennis court, through the sports hall, back into the changing rooms, grabbing my phone, looking myself in one of the shower cubicles and dialling my dads number. He answers in the third ring, confusion lacing his voice.

"Hey Cori baby you ok?" My sobs become louder at the sound of my dads voice. "Hey hey peanut why are you crying? Has something happened?" I can hear him frantically putting down whatever he was doing and running out to the car in case he needs to come get me. "I want to come home daddy." "Why baby what's happened?" "I don't want to say I just want to come home." Harry easily gives in very rarely ever saying no to his daughter when she's upset. "Ok baby I'll be there soon. Can you head to the reception area so I can pick you up?" My heart races at the idea of having to leave the changing rooms on my own and risking bumping into anyone from my class. "No daddy don't want to. I'm to scared." "What if I get one of the receptionists to come and get you and walk you down?" "No daddy I want you to come find me. I'm not leaving with anyone but you." "Courtney your not making this very easy. I can't go wondering around the school looking for you that's why I said I'll get one of the receptionists to do it. Ok peanut?" My breathing starts to get irregular and more tears stream down my face as I panic. "Please daddy your the only person I trust." I hear his breath hitch as he processes what I said. "Ok peanut I'll work out a way for me to come find you. I'm gonna have to hang up so I can focus on driving but first i need you to relax baby. Can you do that for me?" "Ok."

-
Harry's pov:

Once I've finally calmed Cortney down I hang up the phone and start driving over to the school. I'm worried. Courtney can be a bit of a drama queen and can sometimes throw a tantrum better than her three year old sister at twelve. But never this bad. Also she called me daddy which she very rarely does anymore, mostly just when she really upset. What ever happened must of been really bad. It's times like these that I wish her mum was still around. My wife died six years ago when Courtney was seven in a car accident. It affected us both greatly but especially me. I was a 26 year old musician with a seven year old daughter and a music career that was just beginning. I had no clue what to do. I spent most nights out drinking and fucking random girls while touring, trying to fill the empty whole in my heart meanwhile my daughter was stuck at home torn because not only had she lost her mummy but her daddy to. This continued for a year until one of my one night stands ended up pregnant with my beautiful baby girl. This served as a wake up call. I needed to get my shit together because not only was I having a baby but I had a daughter at home waiting for me. Even six years later my wife's death affects me. Hell I only started driving again a few months ago. But I've learnt that no matter how shitty I'm feeling I have to be there for my baby girls.

I pull up outside the school, haphazardly parking my car before rushing inside. "Hello I'm Mr Styles, my daughter Courtney Styles called me in tears because somethings happened and I need to take her home." The receptionist looks at me in shock before leading me to the changing rooms. "Let me just make sure there's no one else in there Mr Styles before you go in." She quickly checks the changing rooms before letting me in. I run straight over to Courtney glad that she's mostly ok. "Oh baby what happened." I go to pull her into my lap but stop when she protests. "Peanut what's wrong? What happened?" Tears start to fill her eyes. "It was so embarrassing daddy. Everyone laughed at me!" She takes a deep breath before telling me what happened.

"..... and then everyone was laughing at me because I had leaked and stained my shorts." My blood boils with anger. How could I not know this has been happening for months? How could a teacher be so unprofessional? "Oh baby shh it's ok. I've got you now." I pull her into my lap, wrapping my arms around her to make her feel safe. After a while Courtneys cries have lessened so I gently place her back on the ground so I can stand back up. "Come on then let's get you cleaned up. I grab her a pad from her bag hading it to her before shutting the door so she could have some privacy. Eventually she comes out with mascara stained cheeks and watery eyes making my heartache. "Here peanut put this on it'll cover your shorts." If we were in any other situation I would laugh at how big my hoodie was on her. She was practically drowning in it. "Ready to go." She nods so I grab her bag and take her hand in mine leading her out of the changing rooms smiling at the receptionist who helped me find her. Just as we round the corner a gaggle of girls come in from what I assume is the sports hall. Instantly Courtney is hiding behind me not wanting her classmates to spot her. "Oh My God your Harry Styles!" Shit. Three girls come running over screaming excitedly.  "Hello girls I can't talk right now I need to get my daug..." "what are you doing here Harry? How come your not at the studio or something?" Courtney starts playing with my hello kitty t-shirt, something she's done when she's nervous ever since she was her sisters age. Her movement causes the girls to notice her hiding behind me making their expressions sour. "Harry you do know there's a random girl clinging onto your t-shirt? Her names Courtney she's a bit of a weirdo. Always lying. Her best one is that your her father. How far fetched is that." The girls who I have now realised are the ones who are horrible to Cori burst out laughing. "Hey no one ever speaks to my daughter like that ok? And even if she wasn't my daughter that wasn't very TPWK of you. Now if you will excuse me I'm taking my daughter home." With that I shove past them dragging Cori behind me.

As soon as we get in the car Cori breaks down again. "I'm so sorry for not telling you about this sooner daddy."  Confused I hold her cheeks in mine. "Cori baby you know that doesn't bother me. What's really wrong." Her bottom lip begins to quiver. "I miss mum." Those three words are all it takes for my heart to break in two. "Oh baby I know. I miss her too. So much." I pull her into my chest, rubbing soothing circles on her back. "Come on baby let's get you home. You can have a nice bath. Also Molly is with her mum tonight so it's just us two. We can curl up on the sofa, watch a movie and eat as much junk food as we want."

Six years ago we were broken into pieces. Continents apart when we both needed each other. But a tiny baby named Molly brought me and my daughter back together and now slowly we are repairing each other.

~

I got a bit carried away. It wasn't meant to be this long or angsty. 😂