2. green thing in a washing machine

Start from the beginning

Her lips thinned into a disappointed line. "So no, then?" 

"I don't know the future, aunty. Who knows? Maybe I'll get banged up, at least someone would like me in some way." I put one of my cards down. 

"Don't think like that, Y/n. Your mom thought like that at your age and now here you are. Love you tons." aunt Eliza said in a carefree way as she placed her next move. 

"Ooh, that was a mistake" I remarked on her move. She rolled her eyes, "Sweetie, I'm the one who taught you everything there is to know about playing cards, you can't-"

I placed my next move and stumped her, winning the game. "Oh.." her eyebrow twitched. 

I smiled cheekily. "I can't what?" 

She shot me a little glare. "Our washing machine's broken. There's a local laundromat nearby. Dinner'll be ready when you get back." she stood up from her chair and walked to the kitchen. 

"Wha- come on, aunty. Don't be petty like that." I pleaded. She scoffed a laugh. "We just moved in today, there's no dirty clothes to be washed!" I reasoned. 

"Thought you didn't want smoky clothes, hm?" 

"It won't go away that easily, aunty." 

"Too bad. There's some money on the counter. Get going." 

So here I was, walking outside at night, trying to locate this laundromat my aunt didn't even give me directions to. This walk would probably be good for me, though. Now that I was alone again, I was thinking. The deja vu was coming back. I didn't belong here. All before this very move I had been fine, but why do I feel like such an outsider all of a sudden? I was getting depressed thinking about it, luckily I spotted the laundromat, so I finally had some sense of direction. 

It was still open, but there was no one inside, so I got first choice of the machines. I picked a random one, and popped the door open. I stalled and stared at it for a few moments. 

There was a whole ass dude inside the washing machine. 

Hunched up like he was taking a lil nap. He was literally the human version of Oscar the grouch from Sesame street. I woke him up with a little knocking on the machine's door. 

He glared at me with his yellowish eyes. He was ugly, but somehow handsome at the same time. The deja vu came back tenfold. "Sup." I greeted casually. 

His glare faltered to a confused look. He probably didn't get that reaction often. Probably ever. "Sorry I woke you, I just picked a random washer..uh, is there anyone else in these washers so I don't wake them up?" I grabbed my basket and walked to a different washer, looking at him for consent to open it in case someone else was actually inside. 

He huffed and shook his head no. "Cool." I popped the door open to the other machine and began tossing my clothes in. "I'm Y/n, by the way..I just moved into town last night." I made one-sided small talk.