Aurelia smiled "are you allowing me to play?"

Tony slowly nodded his head, pointing to the side of them, where a large patch of open grass was "go warm up, I'll figure out who to swap you out for."

Aurelia smile grew even larger, it didn't feel possible "thank you — thank you so much Tony!"

After spending a few minutes doing basic warm ups, Tony calls Aurelia back over, she takes off her Matildas jacket. Standing on the sideline. A large sign is held up beside her.

Seeing her number on the screen, Sam slowly starts to jog off the field. Smiling at the overly excited girl.

Tony places a hand on Aurelia's shoulder "give the girls a strike of thunder if you have to. Just help them gain back their confidence."

Sam reached the line, holding her hands up, Aurelia finishes off the hi-five. Aurelia steps onto the field as Sam takes off her captains armband, handing it to Aurelia. Aurelia furrows her eyebrows as Toby tells her to put the armband on. Questioning why it wasn't given to Steph, the other captain, instead. Tony and Sam gave each other a look. Only confusing the girl more. Yet she did was she was told, wrapping the captains armband around her as she took her spot where Sam had once been. Hearing shouts come from the stand behind her, Marvel stadium being field with fans. Fans in which used to never be there.

The ball was slowly coming back down from the opposing goal. Through the feet of Hayley, Aurelia ran out to the side, calling for the ball, Hayley kicked it straight to her. Aurelia having her first touch of the game.

Her opponent stood in front of her, she looked around for clear options. Not finding many, she kicked the ball to the side, running with it as she rolled around her defender. Catching Mary calling for the ball at a way better position than Aurelia was. Aurelia kicked the younger girl the ball, watching as Mary finished the kick off. Giving the Matildas their first goal.

It was clear that Tony had made an awesome decision when he swapped Caitlin for Mary at the start of the second half, before swapping Sam for Rory. The two girls that found themselves being involved in a goal.

Mary made a beeline straight for Rory. Aurelia opened up her arms, catching Mary as she twirled the younger girl around. The entire stadium cheering for them.

───────────────────────────────

The game finished with the one goal, nevertheless the girls came off with a win. A hoping spark before the World Cup. The team sat in the locker room, with Tony and a few other coaches wanting to make a announcement after their win.

Tony clapped his hands "first off, I would like to congratulate every single one of yous, you played amazingly today. Our defending was on point, and just because it didn't show on the scoreboard our effort at goals. They were always there. Secondly, fantastic goal Mary, you were unstoppable from the moment you were on that pitch. Hayley, you were incredibly talented out there tonight, congrats on player of the match. I cannot believe I will be coaching this team in the World Cup. You are all amazing players. I'm proud to be your coach."

"Before we enter the World Cup, there is one last thing I believe is strongly deserved for not only all you girls, but one in particular." Tony looked towards Sam "Sam. Would you please say some words about this player."

Sam chuckled. Standing up from her spot beside Aurelia. She stood beside Tony. "There is no words to describe this girl apart from how amazingly talented she is. She, no matter the game, the time, she is always on the ball. She's always doing everything she can to make sure we walk home with an incredible win."