𝟬𝟭𝟳. your lies will be the death of you

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen.
( your lies will be the death of you )
S1E17 — woman on the verge.
tw: drug use & overdose resulting in death. please read with caution!

              ACTIONS HAD CONSEQUENCES

ACTIONS HAD CONSEQUENCES. That was a fact that no one could deny. One wrong move and someone'e entire life could shatter before their very eyes. Stupidity would have no positive outcomes and someone's own choices determined the ultimate path of their life.

And for those who roamed the Upper East Side, they knew this all too well.

Nate Archibald was fighting hard to separate himself from the toxic atmosphere that coated the lives of the rich and prestigious. He didn't see himself indulging in the manipulative behaviour that so many others loved to take part in. After his father's indiscretions, Nate wanted to break away from the affluence and status that followed him, delving into the parts of New York that hardly knew his name.

Vanessa Abrams intrigued Nate. She was raw and authentic and he liked that about her. She didn't hide the struggles that she had grown up within, nor was she ashamed of the upbringing in Brooklyn that she endured, with parents who valued quality over quantity. Unlike Nate's parents, who — despite repeatedly insisting that they loved him — preferred their lavish gifts and sunning themselves in the tropics whenever they could.

Vanessa was beautiful, Nate couldn't deny that, and he always felt easy when he was around her, but it hardly ever felt like enough. He wanted more, and as much as he liked Vanessa, she wasn't able to fill the gaping wound in his chest.

Yet, there was still a large proportion of him that felt something romantic for the Abrams. And despite not feeling that certain spark so soon, there was no harming in pursuing it and hoping that the flame would ignite soon enough. And if it didn't . . . well, Vanessa was a big girl — she could handle it.