𝟬𝟭𝟭. christmas traditions, a thing of the past

chapter eleven

chapter eleven.
( christmas traditions, a thing of the past )
S1E11 — roman holiday.

( christmas traditions, a thing of the past )S1E11 — roman holiday

              THANKSGIVING, HALLOWEEN, EASTER . . . neither of them compared to the utmost joy Ophelia experienced when the Holidays rolled around and her house was decked in the magnificent decorations that appeared around every corner. And New York during Christmas was even more spectacular than the Baudelaire-Hughes' home, with the typical white snow that adorned the skyscrapers and the festive garment that stayed for at least a month and forced everybody into the jovial spirit.

              The Upper East Side did Christmas better than anyone else in, Ophelia's right mind, the entire world. They weren't small and personal — no, they were over the top and the stuck out, everyone in competition with one another to be the most grand, the one that made jaws drop and eyes widen in joy. It wasn't hard for Ophelia to do so, given how much she valued the season and its wonder.

              The last day of semester had found its way upon the students of the Constance and St. Jude's students, much to Ophelia's jubilation, and as a way to go out for the break, a bazaar had been orchestrated, various items — some of good use, others not so much — to be purchased and offered as gifts for loved ones. So far, as Ophelia and Enzo meandered around, nothing had caught her eye, but she was much more of designer-buyer that would have much more worth than tat that would hardly be worthy of anything and eventually tossed into an old cupboard. Ophelia knew what her family and friends would like most of all, and was certain she would not make a mistake in selecting them.

              "Will you at least give me a hint as to what you got me?" Ophelia pleaded with the dark-haired boy, her lips turned down into a slight frown. Enzo had been incredibly secretive surrounding the Christmas gift he had already purchased for the bright blonde ( Ophelia was still scouring the streets of Manhattan for one for him, and, so far, she had been unsuccessful ), and would not relent with even a hint of the present. It was becoming increasingly infuriating for her, but she knew full well she would have the wait for the morning of the anticipated season, as Enzo was sure in his lack of inklings towards what it was.