𝟬𝟬𝟯. competitiveness is the route to success

chapter three

chapter three.
( competitiveness is the route to success )
S1E3 — poison ivy.

              IT SEEMED TO BE A NO-BRAINER WHEN A STUDENT OF SUCH wealth and privilege decided to apply for the most worthy and best college there was

              IT SEEMED TO BE A NO-BRAINER WHEN A STUDENT OF SUCH wealth and privilege decided to apply for the most worthy and best college there was. Yale, Harvard, Columbia — it was a competition amongst even those you called your peers, an attempt to see who had the highest likelihood in attending an Ivy League.

              There was no doubt it in Ophelia Baudelaire-Hughes' mind that she would, eventually, be a student of Columbia University in two years to come. Her father attended, his father before him, and the generations behind her, so it was simply inevitable that Ophelia would become one of their students in the future.

              It also seemed that every student who attended Constance and St. Jude's had the desire to attend an Ivy League college, and no one was safe when it came to applications and meetings with Professors of well-praised institutions. Ophelia had the burning thoughts that she was a shoe-in for Columbia, due to her grades and intelligence, but also her lineage's dedication to the university, but it was also known that only two students were accepted to Columbia each year, from Constance and St. Jude's, and Ophelia had no other choice but to be one of those students. She suspected that her father would never recover if she didn't make it into Columbia, his disappointment incapable of being shrouded.

              The blonde sat beside Astoria in the hall that joined both prestigious schools together, the Headmistress of Constance, and Headmaster of St. Jude's inform their students of the importance of Ivy Week, an event that prepared the pupils of the schools on the necessity of getting into an Ivy League school, and how it determined their paths for the rest of their futures. The Constance Billard choir finished their piece that they were performing in front of the rest of the room, and was dismissed by the Headmistress, a courteous smile on her face.