𝟬𝟬𝟵. family doesn't have to be blood

chapter nine

chapter nine.
( family doesn't have to be blood )
S1E9 — blair waldorf must pie.

              DESPITE MILO AND CRESSIDA BEING OPHELIA'S biological family, her true family were the ones that she wasn't even blood-related to

DESPITE MILO AND CRESSIDA BEING OPHELIA'S biological family, her true family were the ones that she wasn't even blood-related to. It was easy, labelling those as her family, but Blair and Serena were truly the two people she deemed as her sisters. She cared for her parents — really, she did — but they were two people she called her parents, no emotional connection tying them together whatsoever.

She loved them ( she had no choice in that, really ), but she didn't love them like she loved Serena and Blair.

Thanksgiving was the time of year where everyone came together to give praises and profess their gratefulness to those they saw as their family. And despite spending every Thanksgiving together, Milo and Cressida had put business before their daughter and left her at the hands of their family friend, Lily Van Der Woodsen. Ophelia liked Lily — she saw her as a figure to look up to when growing up — but she would much rather enjoy the typical traditions that the Baudelaire-Hughes family had, rather than with the Van Der Woodsens.

Thanksgiving was to be spent at Blair Waldorf's penthouse that year, the Waldorf's always extreme when it came to events like Thanksgiving and Christmas, small never an option. Blair was particularly on edge given that her father, Harold Waldorf, was returning to spent the holiday with Blair from Paris, which he had moved to a year prior. Ophelia had been astounded when she'd first head about it, all the way from Rome, and, regretfully, on Gossip Girl — Harold had left Eleanor for a man, which caught everyone by surprise.

Serena and Ophelia sat by the counter in the Waldorf kitchen, and Ophelia found it highly amusing what Blair rush around the perfect very detail for when her dad came home. "I have to find this recipe before my dad gets here," she beamed, excitement pulling at her features.