TWENTY

The ambient sounds of nature enveloped Hyunjin and Minho as they sat side by side on the wooden cabin floor. Their gaze fixed on the inviting spring, which Hyunjin hesitated to enter, fearing he might succumb to sleep in the comforting warmth water of the hot spring.

Hyunjin's eyes fixated on the wisps of steam rising from the hot spring, yet his attention was consumed by the clamorous beats of his own heart. Desperately attempting to calm it down, afraid the person beside him might discern the rhythmic turmoil, and the stolen glances from Minho only intensified the challenge.

No one had broken the silence since the moment they sat there and to Minho's calculation they've been sitting there for almost fifteen minutes. There's an unexplainable awkwardness hung in the air, yet neither of them made a move to break the quiet that enveloped them. Instead, they just let it be and spent the time feeling each other's presence.

Time passed, and despite Hyunjin's desire to linger longer in that place, as he was already  captivated by the mesmerizing smoky spring, provided a comforting kind of fun, and the comforting presence of the person next to him added to the allure. However, his eyelids were already resisting, and an escaping yawn betrayed his growing drowsiness, catching Minho's observant gaze.

"Do you want to go back inside?" Minho's soft and gentle voice almost lulled Hyunjin into a slumber, so he simply nodded in response.

Although Hyunjin was reluctant to leave, his heavy eyelids insisted on the opposite, prompting their departure from the tranquil place.

Minho stood up first, and Hyunjin was taken aback when he saw Minho's hand extended in front of his face. He looked up at Minho and then to the open palm before meeting Minho's eyes for the second time.

A smile escaped onto Hyunjin's lips as he gazed at Minho's hand. He took a moment to appreciate Minho's graceful hand before accepting the gesture and using it to pull himself up from the serene spot.

When the two returned to the house where they left their drunk friends are, they noticed the empty living room, seemed like everyone had already gone to their rooms.

Hyunjin didn't know how many times he'd been yawning so he just gestured his hand to Minho that he will go upstairs to sleep and Minho nodded as responsed.

"Good Night." A small smile graced on Minho's lips while saying those words to sleepy Hyunjin in front of him. He looked like a sleepy ferret on Minho's eyes.

A smile that nearly melted Hyunjin's  heart but he composed himself to keep the calm but sleepy face even though his heart teetered on the edge of insanity. 

"Good night, hyung..." Hyunjin replied, returning the smile Minho had given him. "...and thank you." Without waiting for Minho's response, Hyunjin hurried upstairs, afraid that Minho might notice his burning cheeks.

While Minho just looked at Hyunjin darting upstairs, worrying that the younger might stumbled while running but relief washed over him when Hyunjin ascended the stairs without incident.

"He's already sleepy but still has the energy to run." Minho whispered to himself, shaking his head lightly.

As Minho walked towards the kitchen, he spotted Seungmin there, casually sipping water. He stop for a moment studying Seungmin's glowing aura, he noticed it hadn't changed, it remained vague.

Seemingly aware of Minho's presence, Seungmin looked in his direction. "Hyung? Do you need anything?"

"Water." Minho replied, moving closer.

"Okay, get it yourself." Seungmin retorted, walking past Minho.

"What an attitude golden retriever." Minho remarked, glancing back at Seungmin, who was already ascending the stairs to his room. Unfazed, Minho headed to the fridge to fetch some cold water.

When morning came everyone's woke one by one and Hyunjin was the last to descend to the kitchen and join the others.

Unconcerned about his morning appearance, Hyunjin no longer cared about looks, all he sought was something to alleviate his pounding headache.

Upon descending, Hyunjin spotted Minho and Chris at the island counter, seems like the two are in charge preparing their breakfast. 

Hyunjin wants to admire Minho's appearance for a moment, as the elder looks screaming husband material vibes. There's a kitten printed on the beige apron draped around Minho's neck and tied around his body. However the cute apron didn't match the biceps that hugging by the tight sleeve of his plain black tee that bulging everytime he moves. Looking at Minho in the kitchen he looks like a husband who's preparing breakfast for his partner and kids early in the morning. 

Hyunjin got all of those thoughts for just a brief seconds as he didn't get a chance to look at Minho much longer as he saw the teasing smirk of the elder while looking at him, out of embarrassment he swift his gaze on the wooden floor then continue walking towards the table to join the others who's complaining about their hangover.

Hyunjin sat beside Jeongin and the younger raised his head from table then look at Hyunjin. 

"Morning..." Hyunjin greet the younger. "Hyung, you looks like a cotton candy." Jeongin said while looking at Hyunjin's pink messy hair.

"Aww seems like Jeonginnie craving some cotton candy, have this first then we will get some of it later." Minho put the bowl of hangover soup in front of Jeongin and Jeongin response is only grunt because Minho's treating him like a kid.

Hyunjin massaging his temples when a bowl of soup were placed in front of him. 

"Morning." Minho greet him then sat on the vacant chair in front of him, also having a bowl of hangover soup in front of him. Hyunjin bowed his head as responsed still embarrassed to meet Minho's gaze.

Earlier, the kitchen echoed with complaints about headaches, but now all that could be heard were slurps and grunts from eight people, whose average age was just around twenty, yet they grunted like men in their mid-fifties after sipping their hangover soup.

"Whoa, this is so good," Hyunjin exclaimed while slurping his soup from the bowl. "Thanks." He put down his bowl and looked at Minho, who was smiling at him. Caught off guard, Hyunjin quickly brought the bowl back to his face to hide the pink tint on his cheeks.

"Can I have more?" Hyunjin heard Jisung, so he looked at Minho, expecting him to serve Jisung. However, the elder did something far from his expectations.

"Yah, Kim Seungmin, since you're about to stand up, give him more!" Hyunjin swiftly shifted his gaze to Seungmin, who looked at Minho in disbelief.

"But I—" Seungmin didn't finish his words as he just sighed and got up, then took Jisung's bowl.

"Thank you!" Jisung exclaimed after Seungmin returned his bowl full of soup. Seungmin nodded and went back to his chair to continue eating.

"Right! Hyunjin you haven't seen the spring right? Let's go there later." Hyunjin almost got choked on his soup when Changbin spoke.

"Nope, we went there last night." Everyone's look at Hyunjin's direction when he suddenly start coughing. He nearly died from choked after hearing Minho responsed to Changbin.

"Hyung, you okay?" Jeongin offered him a glass of water while petting his back. Hyunjin accepted the water then nodded as his response. Then everyone's attention shifted back to Minho.

Hyunjin also looked at Minho, he thought last night was just a dream.