"That was that liquor, your girl act different off the henny" we all started laughing as we finally made our way towards the conference room.

"Do you remember much of that night?"

"I just remember us dancing and getting in his car" I shrugged lying. I wasn't a kiss and tell kind of chick.

"Well we need to go out again, it was really fun. Thank y'all girls for accompanying me" Zelle said smiling. We continued chatting and made plans for our next night out as we settled in the conference room. We had a few minutes before Peter starts the meeting.

I wasn't sure what to expect today. Or if I would actually get my first assignment, since I'm technically still in training. We found some seats towards the back of the long table as I took my iPad out of my bag.

"Goodmorning everyone, hope you all had a fantastic weekend" I looked up as Peter walked into the room with his usual business attire and earpiece in his left ear. There were a collective of voices responding.

"Alright let's get this week started off. I hope you all are prepared for long nights as we will have a couple of busy months ahead of us" he clasped his hands together as he looked us over. "Before we get into the main reason of todays meeting, I want to assign some small projects"

He started going through those projects as I took a few notes of everything. Since this department was one of the biggest in Desioba, we were assigned project managers that we will work with. Amira, which so happened to be married to Peter, was my project manager. She was a stern older woman who was about her business. She laid out everything for us to expect last week and giving us a bit of hands on experience.

"Alright let's go over the last section of this meeting— Vera White will be releasing a new collaboration with an upcoming fashion line" a few people started hush whispers as I smiled. Vera White was an icon in the black community.

"With that said, I have decided to lend this project to two of my most talented project managers. Amira and Felipe." The fact I have the opportunity to possibly be in the same presence as this woman was a blessing.

"I know that both of these groups can combine together and make amazing ideas shake. I'll pass the rest of this meeting off with the owner of Azure line... Silas Hartz"

My pen stopped writing on my iPad as I heard him say his name. I glanced up as I saw his presence raise from one of the chairs across the table. I didn't even realize he was sitting there the whole time. We made eye contact as he gave me a sly smirk.

"What's goodie y'all" he said with a grin on his face as he rounded the table. "For those of you that don't know me, creativity and fashion have been a huge part of why I decided to start my business. To even have this opportunity is a blessing to a nigga, no cap"

A few people started laughing as I shook my head. Silas tended to just say whatever with absolutely no filter in place. Livian leaned over towards me. "Not gonna lie he's fine as hell" A series of goosebumps rose on my arms as I remembered that night.

"He aight" I muttered as I stole another glance at him.

❆ ❆ ❆

Luckily after the meeting, Silas had business to attend elsewhere. We were currently going through a few modules with Amira of what to expect in partnerships.

"Now this next slide is company policy, I don't take it lightly when I say to not mix business with pleasure" I looked up from my iPad as she held a scowl on her face. "We have lost a great number of deals because of this and I won't tolerate anyone who won't respect it."